THE Basingstoke Buffalo crushed the visiting Lee Valley Lions 15-1 last Saturday, writes Graham Merry.

The Herd dominated the game from start to finish against a hard-working Lee Valley side.

They took the lead in the third minute, as man of the match Harry Tempest slotted home from Harry Harcup.

At 9:47, Harcup was involved again and together with Paul Petts they combined for Hallam Wilson to make it 2-0.

Basingstoke Gazette: Left: Man of the match Harry Tempest; Right: Hallam Wilson who scored six against Lee ValleyLeft: Man of the match Harry Tempest; Right: Hallam Wilson who scored six against Lee Valley (Image: Contributed)

Soon after, the Buffalo netted again, as Adam Jones scooped the puck over the Lee Valley netminder on the backhand for his first-ever goal for the team.

Scott Anda was next to score as he fired home from the top of the circle, after a nice pass from Cam Buckle.

Wilson added number five with a shot that was half-stopped, but still trickled over the line.

There was still enough time left in the first period for the Buffalo to add a sixth, as Ollie Reeves found Sam Hemmings-Maher on the boards and his pass to slot was dispatched into the roof of the net by Janne Virtanen.

The second session saw Wilson increase the lead at 24:19 and then Hemmings-Maher tipped home a shot from Jones.

Wilson was on target again, before Jones with a blue line blast netted on the powerplay.

Then with just a second left in the second period, a great pass from the corner by Petts was clinically finished by Wilson to make it 11-0 at the second break.

Lee Valley were the first to strike in the final session from Joe Miller.

However, that was their only goal of the game, as the Herd netted four more.

Josh Richards having been knocked down in the corner got up and skated into the slot to fire home Tom Banner’s pass.

Wilson tried his luck from the right wing by the red line and the Lee Valley goalie thought the shot was going wide, only to glance back and see the puck in the back of the net.

The Buffs took the score to 14-1 thanks to Buckle and then a lovely redirect by Wilson on a Petts pass.

This completed a double hat-trick for Wilson and was the seventh assist on the night for Petts.

After the game Hallam Wilson, one of the Buffalo head coaches, said: “We rolled four lines and it was great to see everyone get plenty of ice time. Lee Valley worked hard, but we were just too strong for them tonight.”

The Buffalo now have a few weeks off and are next in action on Sunday, March 10 away at the Streatham Blackhawks.

In other news at the club, the under-18 Bison beat Haringey 4-3 with netminder Sam Wooster being their man of the match.