In an electrifying Halloween night clash, Basingstoke Town's young and spirited team secured an emphatic victory against Alresford Town, propelling them into the semi-finals of the North Hants Senior Cup.

The Basingstoke side, predominantly comprised of academy players and led by captain, D’Andre Brown, thrilled their home crowd with a resounding 4-1 triumph in the quarter-final showdown.

The encounter took an unexpected turn as Alresford Town seized an early lead in the 27th minute.

However, the home side's response was swift and dynamic. In the 33rd minute, Bradley Wilson delivered a pinpoint cross into the box, resulting in an own goal by an Alresford defender, leveling the score at 1-1.

The second half brought more magic from Basingstoke Town, with Jake Impiazzi unleashing his prowess and netting his first goal for the club in the 63rd minute, pushing 'Stoke ahead 2-1.

This lead was further extended with two more debut goals in quick succession. Aleks Kokoszka found the net in the 77th minute, followed by Charlie Barlow's sensational strike in the 80th minute, leaving Alresford Town trailing at 4-1.

After the final whistle, manager Dan Brown couldn't have been more delighted, describing the evening as "brilliant" for the team.

He said: "Before the game, we said there was no real expectation in terms of the results, but with performance, we wanted to know that they can compete. The young players had to rise to the occasion. My God, did they? Some of the players did fantastically well. We only had a maximum of three senior players on the pitch and we ended with just one on the pitch."

Just a few days before their North Hants Senior Cup triumph, they faced off against Swindon Supermarine away on October 28 in the first round of the FA Trophy.

Nathan Smart opened the scoring in the 10th minute, with D'Andre Brown doubling the lead in the 16th minute. The icing on the cake was provided by Liam Ferdinand in the 51st minute, securing 'Stoke's passage to the next round.

Manager Brown was equally pleased with the team's performance and said: “That was a good day in the office. A very, very wet day, but a good day! The lads approached the game brilliantly and earned the reward at the end of it.”

Basingstoke Town have been drawn away to Chippenham Town in the FA Trophy second round.