HARTLEY Wintney progressed into the next round of the FA Cup with a good win over a battling Sherborne Town side, writes David Graham.

Hartley started quickly and on two minutes a fast break down the right by Ashley Akpan saw a perfect low delivery across the face of the goal which just eluded inrushing Row players. 

Sherborne came into the match and on six minutes a decent move down the left saw the ball switched to Callum Thompson who shot just wide.

Hartley striker Elias Bagdonavicus was causing problems with his strong running and on 23 minutes he crossed from the right to find Smith whose scoop shot went wide.

A minute later a corner from Wylie found the head of Liam Gavin whose effort went wide. 

The pressure continued and a corner on the left by Mason Obeng found Jobson who headed over. On 27 minutes the Row could have gone ahead when Nathanael Boakye threaded a ball through to Smith. Norris came out from his goal and saved.

The long overdue opening goal finally arrived on 35 minutes.  A long surging run out of defence by Jobson saw him release Bogdanavicus.  The striker’s shot seemed to lack power but deceived Norris and trundled into the net. (1-0)

The Row started the second period where they left off in the first half and increased their lead on 51 minutes.  Some enterprising play down the left from Smith saw his cross find Bogdanavicus who shot home. (2-0)

The Zebras' chances diminished sharply on 68 minutes  when Sam Farthing was given a red card for violent play. 

However the adversity seemed to spur the visitors on and they started to get a share of the match.  On 76 minutes the spirited  Zebras pulled a goal back. A tussle near the goal line saw a Zebras player tumble. After consultation between referee and his assistant a penalty kick was awarded. Fin Skiverton converted the spot kick. (2-1)

In the final minute of added time the Row made the game safe. Bogdanavicius made progress down the right and his cross found Jayden Smith who made no mistake from close range. (3-1)