Hartley Wintney claimed all three points with a comfortable win over fellow league strugglers Yate Town.

An interim management trio for the Row of Anthony Millerick, Luke Tuffs and Steve Noakes were in the charge after the previous joint managers Ross Weatherstone and Tyrone Newton stepped down earlier in the week.

Hartley started brightly, but the score remained 0-0 nearly until the break.

On 43 minutes a right wing cross come shot from Louie Paget was pushed over the bar by Horsell. The resulting corner on the right from Hodges was headed back across the goal by Neville and Matt Drage blasted home from close range. (1-0)

READ MORE: Hartley Wintney managers quit after poor run of form

The Row took a firm grip of the match in the second half. On 51 minutes Zidan Akers and Kingsley Eshun combined well through the middle and the latter created space before shooting powerfully into the roof of the net. (2-0)   

On 58 minutes the Row put the match out of reach with a third goal from the penalty spot. Bancroft and Eshun forced their way through the middle before Eshun was brought down by Martin Horsell in the Yate goal.

Matt Drage converted from the spot, sending Horsell the wrong way. (3-0)

Speaking after the game, Hartley director of football Anthony Millerick said: “We are fortunate that the departed managers have left us with a good squad of players. We hope to build on that.

“Delighted that we have now won two matches in a row, scoring four goals and keeping two clean sheets. Yate were restricted to very few chances.

SEE ALSO: December completion date for Aquadrome maintenance

“Pleased with the performances of young Benjamin Purcell in midfield. I thought the first half was disappointing with play scrappy at times. The second half was much better and Kingsley Eshun took his goal well.

“Overall delighted with the performance of the players in what has been an unsettling week. We plan the interim management arrangement to be short and hope to make a permanent team manager appointment soon.”