Bracknell Town gained the three points on offer after a hard fought local derby at Hartley Wintney.

The Robins got off to the perfect start with a goal timed at just 19 seconds and courtesy of a defensive error.

A ball forward towards the Row goal saw Aaron Goode’s attempted clearance fall perfectly for Jordan Esprit who had the simple task of lifting the ball over stranded Row keeper Adam Desbois and into the net (0-1).

One minute later and Hartley were almost level. Good interplay down the right created an opening for Zidan Akers who saw his fierce drive tipped around the post by Michael Eacott in the Bracknell goal.  The Row held the initiative and pulled level on 14 minutes. Tom Leggett got free down the right and his cross was flicked on into the path of Aaron McLeigh-White who tapped home at the far post (1-1).

The Robins main threats came from set pieces taken by Seb Bowerman aiming for the head of giant central defender Dan Bayliss. On 20 minutes former Row Striker Mickel Platt tried a snap shot from the right wing which Desbois saved at the near post. However the Row should have been ahead on 27 minutes. Legget got free down the right after being released by Harry Cooksley. The cross to the back post found McLeish-White who shot over when well placed. Four minutes later the visitors had a chance following a cross from Bowerman which was helped on by Esprit to Platt who was unable to turn the ball home.

Hartley finished the half well and a free kick from Cooksley found the head of Neville who saw his effort go over.

Hartley started the second period on the front foot and came close to taking the lead on 46 minutes. A corner from Cooksley saw a flick on from Matt Drage and Kingsley Eshun headed wide at the back post. The Robins responded and had a chance four minutes later. A Platt shot from the edge of the area took a deflection into the path of Bowerman who headed wide.

On 56 minutes the Row worked a shooting chance for Akers who saw his effort saved by the well positioned Eacott.

 Bracknell regained the lead on 63 minutes courtesy of lapses in the Row defending. Akers having created space to complete a clearance lost possession by taking an extra touch. The consequence was a free kick in a dangerous area  conceded. The Row were able to clear the resulting free kick for a throw in on the left. The long throw saw Hartley unable to clear their lines and Mickel Platt shot home from the edge of the penalty area (1-2).

The Robins almost doubled their lead three minutes later when Gary Abisogun had a clear chance. However Desbois brought off an excellent diving save. Hartley had a chance to pull level on 75 minutes. A cross from the left found McLeish-White on the right and his deflected cross fell for Akers who shot just over.

With the Row pushing forward gaps in defence were being left for the Robins to exploit. On 79 minutes Abisogun sent Esprit clean through but the striker shot badly wide.  A minute later impressive Row substitute Reese Jones created space for himself and his shot from 20 yards was pushed around the post by Eacott.

The Robins defended stoutly and on 88 minutes a fast break from defence left Bowerman with a clear run in on goal. However the parting shot hit the top of the crossbar and over. Hartley pressed for the remainder of the match but were unable to find the elusive equaliser. 

The Row start their FA Cup campaign with a trip to Bristol to play Glass St George on Saturday, September 3.