Harley Wintney eased their relegation fears as Harry Cooksley fired home a winner in added time to secure valuable three points.

For most of the game the Row were second-best and the win was very much in the ‘smash and grab’ category.

Walton started well and Hartley were pressed back for long periods during the first half hour. On 11 minutes Tom Bird delivered a cross which was headed wide by Danny Rowe. A constant stream of Stags corners and long throws followed keeping Hartley under pressure. On 24 minutes Bird and Adam Liddle combined well with the latter sending his parting shot wide.

Totally against the run of play Hartley took the lead following a mistake from Casuals keeper Harvey Collins on 35 minutes. Collins under pressure from Kyan Nicholas spooned a clearance out and the ball landed at Sam Argent. The Row skipper showed great technique by sending an accurate high lob from 25 yards into the visitors net. (1-0)

The second period started with both teams being guilty of misplaced passes. The Stags continued to hold a slight edge but without creating any chances.

On 77 minutes Walton pulled level. The Row defence fell asleep at a corner on the right. This enabled a cross from Wilson Carvalho to the back post where former Row full back Tom Bird volleyed home an excellent strike. (1-1).

With ten minutes to go, the Anthony Millerick side finally sparked into life as they sought the winner and three precious points. On 84 minutes Lucias Vine and Cooksley combined well down the right and the cross found debutant Christos Papakonstanitinou in the clear 12 yards from goal. The subsequent shot was tame and straight at Collins who saved easily.

Hartley created another chance a minute later when Vine squared to Nicholas who somehow shot over the crossbar from six yards out. On 86 minutes a crisp passing move gave an opening to Josh Webb who shot over from 20 yards.

A minute later Webb was again involved. A free kick to Hartley on the right was taken by Webb who saw his delivery beat the defence and finished up in the net. The celebrations were cut short when it was noticed the assistant referee had his flag up for offside.

In the last minute of normal time a cross from Aaron Goode gave the Row another chance. The ball found its way to Papakonstanitinou who shot wide when well placed. Hartley continued to finish strongly and were rewarded with the winner on 94 minutes. Lucias Vine delivered a good cross from the left which was only partially cleared. The ball fell to Harry Cooksley who fired home a low shot from the edge of the penalty area (2-1)

For the Row, it was an important three points which look like making them safe from relegation fears.

For most of the match they relied heavily on the centre back pairing of Matt. Drage and Toby Nevile who made countless blocks and interceptions when the Row goal was threatened.