Hartley Wintney came from behind to claim an important win against fellow relegation contenders Kings Langley.

In the battle of the Division’s two village teams, it was Kings who almost took a shock lead after 20 seconds. Jamie Jellis broke down the right and his low cross found Joseph Lawal who shot wide from close range. The game was end to end with both sides showing attacking enterprise.

It was Kings Langley who went ahead on 14 minutes. A cross-field ball found Shaqui Forde free with plenty of space on the right. The winger cut in and scored with a fine shot from the edge of the penalty area. (0-1).

Forde again managed to find himself free on 16 minutes and this occasion the Row managed to block the parting shot. A minute later Kings Langley full back Alex Lafleur got the break of the ball which helped him into a good scoring position coming in from the left. The final shot went wide of the post.

The Row had their first real chance on 21 minutes. Good play down the left saw Jordan Edwards cross to Adam Allen who under-hit his shot. However it beat Kings goalie Alfie Marriott and somehow the visitors manged to scramble the ball off the goal line with help from the foot of the post.

Hartley had a good spell and on 30 minutes Harry Cooksley and Lucian Vine combined well with the latter unlucky to see his shot deflected wide.

From the resulting corner Vine rose highest and saw his effort go wide.

The Row continued to press and a minute later a corner from Josh Webb found the head of Shane Hollomby who saw his effort headed off the line.

The Row pulled level on 44 minutes after a period of pressure. The goal arrived courtesy of a mistake in the King's defence. This allowed Adam Allen to run through and shoot past the out rushing visitors keeper Marriott. (1-1)

In contrast to the opening half, the play tightened up considerably after the break. Both defences dominated and chances were at a premium. Hartley started to gain an edge and finally got the breakthrough on 69 minutes. Substitute Kofi Halliday with his first touches got free on the left and his cross was headed home by Allen (2-1).

Kings came into the game, but were unable to create any clear cut chances. On 83 minutes the Row had a chance to increase the lead. Halliday got free on the right and his cross saw Cooksley’s back heel saved by Marriott. Kings pressed into added time and came close when Arel Amu got free in the Row area but shot wide from a tight angle. Hartley held on to edge themselves closer to safety.