Hartley Wintney bowed out of the FA Trophy after a wind-affected match which made things difficult for the players. A goal in each half enabled Folkstone Invicta to progress into the FA Trophy thirrd round.

Hartley started the brighter and on 10 minutes Jordan Edwards created space for himself on the edge to penalty area and his parting shot went over the bar. The Row had a further chance on 22 minutes when a cross from Ryan Case found Edwards at the far post. The Row forward allowed the ball to drop and shot just wide when perhaps a header may have brought a better outcome. A minute later Invicta had their first chance when a cross from Joshua Vincent on the right found David Smith who headed straight at the well positioned Luke Williams in the Row goal. Play moved to the other end and a shot from distance by Case .saw a comfortable save from Tim Roberts in the Invicta goal.

Folkstone came close to going ahead on 29 minutes following a short free kick on the left. Kieron McCann crossed and Smith at the far post was just unable to turn the ball into the net. Hartley came into the game but conceded a breakaway goal on 36 minutes. Loose play in the Folkstone half led to a beak and the ball was fed to Adam Yusuff on the left. The striker cut in and his shot looked to being over and wide on the goal. However the swirling wind altered the ball direction of travel and it finished going in to the roof of the net beyond the stranded Williams. (0-1).

On 39 minutes a cross from Kofi Halliday for the Row was just missed by the inrushing Case.

Hartley started the second half on the front foot and on 50 minutes a corner on the right from Josh Webb was only partially cleared. Reece Wylie picked up the loose ball and his shot from 20 yards went wide. Chances were becoming few and far between with the Row sometimes being guilty of taking one touch too many near the Invicta penalty area.

Folkstone doubled their lead on 63 minutes. With Hartley in the ascendancy they lost possession while attacking and Alfie Paxman was able to send Scott Heard sprinting into the Row half with a clearance. The winger was able to run on and shoot past Williams in the Row goal. (0-2).

Hartley had a good chance to reduce the lead on 73 minutes. A good cross field move gave Halliday and opening running into the Folkstone penalty area. However the wingers delayed shot was scrambled off the goal line.

Four minutes from the end the three Hartley substitutes combined and came close to scoring. Toby Raggett fed James Beauchamp who crossed into Shane Hollomby, Hollomby was unable to adjust to get the required connection. A minute later after considerable Row pressure Jacques Kpohomouh saw his shot from the edge of the penalty area go just wide.

Non stop pressure brought a scramble in the Folkstone goalmouth and a fierce Kpohomoh shot brought out an excellent diving save from Roberts in the Invicta goal.

For Hartley a decent performance with the side missing a number of their regular players due to Injuries and suspensions. Several times good positions were created but a delayed shot gave Invicta chances to block. Centre backs Aaron Goode and Matt Drage hardly put a foot wrong and Williams in goal had a relatively quiet afternoon.