Developer Wrenbridge has submitted its planning application to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council for proposals to redevelop the former Lilly House site on Priestley Road.

The scheme it is for a sustainable new logistics development, bringing some 250-500 new jobs to the borough.

Following consultation with the local community and stakeholders, Wrenbridge has reviewed feedback and firmed up its plans for to deliver approximately 206,050 sqft of commercial space, including 10,194 sqft of office spaces associated with the logistics use.

Wrenbridge says it prioritises strong sustainability credentials in its projects and will be targeting an excellent BREEAM rating, an EPC A rating and Net Zero Carbon for Construction.

This will be achieved through a variety of sustainability measures, such as photovoltaic panels, energy efficient lighting, 15% rooflights to maximise natural light, and providing electric vehicle charging points at 20% of the parking spaces, with the remaining 80% covered by passive provision for ease of future installation as demand grows.

Jamie Garrett, Director at Wrenbridge, said: “I would like to thank the residents and stakeholders who took part in our consultation and provided us with their valuable feedback.

"We’re really pleased to have reached the milestone of submitting this planning application.

"This is an excellent site for a redevelopment that brings substantial investment into Basingstoke, delivers some 250-500 new jobs suiting a variety of career paths and skill sets during operation and has sustainability at its heart.”

The planning application is available to view on Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council’s planning portal using reference number 21/03390/FUL.

For further information visit the project website at

If you have any queries, or wish to speak with the team, please email or call 0800 298 7040.