FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire at a Kempshott home this afternoon - but no injuries have been reported.

Two fire engines from Basingstoke were sent to a fire in Violet Close at 3.05pm today (Friday, May 7).

The alarm was caused by cooking in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to remove the pan from the oven involved and no one was hurt by the flames.

A Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service told the Gazette that crews conducted a 'Safe and Well visit' of the property before leaving the scene at 3.23pm.