Three people have been accused of stealing seven iPhones from the Apple Store in Basingstoke.

Police launched a manhunt on November 13 last year when the gang allegedly stole the iPhone 11 Pros to the value of more than £73,000 from the Festival Place shop.

Marian Ionut Dinu, of Malvern Road in Luton, was due to appear in Basingstoke Magistrates' Court last week but a warrant was issue for his arrest after he did not attend. 

As previously reported by The Gazette, nine people were arrested in connection with the incident after police officers descended on the town centre last year.

A helicopter was seen hovering over the shopping centre for a number of hours after police tried to hunt down the suspects.

Police said at the time that all stolen items were recovered.

A man has pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly in Basingstoke.

William Telford, of no fixed abode, was accused of the offence on Churchill Way West last Friday, November 13.

The 58-year-old was fined £75, and ordered to pay costs of £34.

A man will stand trial later this month accused of breaching a court order.

James Dennis Illsley, of Basingstoke Road in Kingsclere, was banned from visiting the address of a woman by Basingstoke Family Court on March 19, 2019.

However, he is accused of entering that road, in Ashford Hill near Tadley, on February 27 of this year.

The 36-year-old denies the charge, and elected a summary trial back in March.

Illsley was released on conditional bail ahead of the trial, which is scheduled for November 25 at Aldershot Magistrates' Court.

He must not enter the road in Ashford Hill whilst on bail.

A man from Basingstoke has admitted attempting to steal car parts.

Benjamin Graham John, of Attwood Close in Brookvale, was charged with interfering with motor vehicles with the intention of stealing the motor vehicles or parts of it.

He pleaded guilty to the charge, which happened on July 22 in Basingstoke.

The case has been adjourned pending a pre-sentence report, with the 47-year-old being released on conditional bail.

He was given a curfew between 7pm and 7am and must live and sleep at his address registered with the court.

A Buckskin man who assaulted a police officer has been given a community order.

Christopher Rainbow, of Kenilworth Road, admitted assaulting PC Jayson Richards on January 3.

PC Richards was responding to a call after Rainbow damaged a mobile phone belonging to a woman in Basingstoke.

The 31-year-old was also given a restraining order for 18 months, which will mean he is not allowed to contact the woman or enter St Patricks Road.

Rainbow was given an 18 month community order, which will see him carry out 30 days of rehabilitation activities, ad well as 100 hours of unpaid work within the next 12 months.

He was also ordered to pay £75 in compensation to PC Richards, and £175 in compensation to the woman whose phone he damaged.

Rainbow also pleaded guilty to failing to surrender to Basingstoke Magistrates Court in January after being released on bail, and was ordered to pay £75 in compensation after resisting PC Peter Scamell in the execution of his duty on February 1.