A Basingstoke man who stole £84 of brandy from Morrisons during lockdown has been sent to prison for one day.

Benjamin Graham John, of Attwood Close, admitted the theft of three bottles of Courvoisier from the Worting Road store on April 21.

Additionally, he admitted breaching bail conditions set back in July.

He was bailed to return to Basingstoke Magistrates' Court last week, but he did not turn up and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

The 47-year-old admitted attempting to steal a Ford Fiesta on July 22, and stole six electric toothbrushes from Iceland in Festival Place on September 19.

For the bail offence, magistrates sentenced him to one day in prison - although deemed that he had already served his time because he had been in custody since his arrest.

He has been given a two month curfew for stealing the brandy, where he must be at his home address between the hours of 7pm and 7am each night.

No order for costs was given because of a lack of means, but he was told to pay a victim surcharge of £95.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a teenager wanted after being accused of stealing 25 iPhones to the value of £25,000 from a Basingstoke store.

Albert Gabriel Stoian, of Dysons Road in Tottenham, is alleged to have stolen the devices with five others at the Apple Store in Festival Place on July 4, 2019.

The 18-year-old was due to appear at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court earlier this week, although he did not turn up and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

A man who stole £10 of cider from a convenience store near Newbury has been given a community order.

Tony Davis, of James Road in Chapel Gate, admitted the theft as well as a raft of criminal damage charges over a four-month period.

He pleaded guilty to damaging a car windscreen and a wall that belonged to one woman in Hook in February, where he was caught in possession of cocaine, as well as a damaging a window belonging to a second person in Basingstoke in April.

Two months later in June, he stole the cider from Ashlands Store in Bishops Green and committed a public order offence - causing harassment alarm or distress to a woman.

Additionally, a seventh charge of the criminal damage of a police vehicle was dropped at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court earlier this week as there was no evidence offered by the prosecution.

The 30-year-old was given a one-year community order, in which he will have to carry out 50 hours of unpaid work and 15 rehabilitation activity days.

Additionally, a year-long restraining order banning Davis from contacting one of the victims, or entering Truro Place was granted.

A forfeiture and destruction order for the cocaine was also granted by magistrates.

A man from Buckskin has denied assaulting a woman earlier this summer.

Balraj Singh, of Pentland Close, is accused of the assault by beating of a woman on July 11.

The 35-year-old has pleaded not guilty to the charge, and will stand trial on November 30 at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court.

A man has been disqualified from driving after he was caught behind the wheel of a car with no insurance.

Mason Thomas Saunders, of New Barn Farm in Harroway, Hurstbourne Priors, was found driving his Volkswagen Golf on the A339 in Basingstoke on February 27.

He was fined £196, ordered to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £32, and disqualified from driving for six months.