TWO fire crews from Basingstoke were called to a property after a fire broke out in a kitchen last night.

Crews tackled the small blaze were called to a property on James Road on (Thursday, August 14) at 7.04pm.

Firemen used tactical ventilation for smoke clearance to extinguish the flames.

A spokesperson from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: "A 30-year-old male was treated for burns to his fingers, and was handed over to SCAS."

It took emergency services over an hour to extinguish the fire.