A 16-year-old boy has been released on bail after allegedly assaulting a police officer at Eastrop roundabout in April.

The boy, from Southampton, has also been charged with a public order offence after the incident on April 29.

He cannot be named for legal reasons.

The boy has been given a curfew between 7pm and 7am, and is not allowed to enter Basingstoke town, north of the M3, except for arranged appointments with the youth offending team, police bail appointments or court appearances.

He has also been prohibited from being drunk in public, and must "live and sleep each night" at his listed address.

The 16-year-old's case will next be mentioned at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court on August 14. He is not required to attend, and no plea has yet been entered to any of the charges.

He will also face charges of damaging a shed in Popley, assaulting two people in Alton in January, breaking windows at a pub in Petersfield and stealing a sandwich from Costa Coffee in Alton.

A man from Southampton has been found guilty of driving without insurance on the M3.

Emini Edi Enti, of Silverdale Road, was caught driving a Honda Civic on the motorway at Basingstoke on March 9, when he did not have insurance.

He was found guilty via single justice procedure, and was fined £660.

The 30-year-old was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £66, costs of £85, and had seven points put on his driving licence.

A Wiltshire man will be sentenced in September after being caught driving at almost 80 miles per hour on the M3.

Nathan John H Flower, of Trowbridge, was caught driving at 79 miles per hour on the motorway near Junction 7 on February 13.

The 33-year-old was also accused of failing to respond to a Notice of Intended Prosecution.

Police requested information on who was driving his Peugeot at the time, and no response was received from that or a reminder letter.

He was proved guilty via single justice procedure at Aldershot Magistrates' Court last week, and his sentencing has been adjourned as magistrates consider disqualification from driving.

A man from London has been caught at nearly 100 miles per hour on the M3 at Basingstoke.

Shpetim Kastrati, of Breakspear Road, was clocked at 98 miles per hour in his Range Rover on the southbound carriageway of the motorway on May 28.

He pleaded guilty via single justice procedure earlier this week and has been fined £123.

The 45-year-old was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £34, costs of £85 and issued with six penalty points.

The case of a woman from Chapel Gate accused of assault has been adjourned because of the coronavirus crisis.

Victoria Catherine O'Brien, of Fullbrook Drive, allegedly assaulted a man in Basingstoke on November 16, 2019.

The case has been adjourned until August 14, where Miss O'Brien is not required to attend.

No plea has yet been entered, and the 29-year-old remains on unconditional bail.

A Hampshire man has been accused of assaulting a man at Basingstoke train station.

Andrew Michael Kelday, of Cornwall Road in Whitehill, near Bordon, allegedly beat the man whilst on a train from London Waterloo on December 12, 2019.

The case has been adjourned until August 14, and no plea has been entered.