THE mother of a man left for dead after a brutal attack is urging the public to help bring the ‘monsters’ who hospitalised him to justice.

Frazer Brabant, 31, is fighting for his life in intensive care after a vicious attack, allegedly involving a hammer, in Gershwin Road, Brighton Hill on Halloween.

His mother Julie Threshie said the family have been left heartbroken by the incident and their lives have been turned upside down.

Speaking to the Gazette from the canteen of a hospital where her beloved son is in intensive care, Julie launched a moving appeal appealing to anyone with information to help police with their investigation.

She said: “Frazer is a much-loved brother. He is a well-liked member of the community and this has destroyed him.”

Describing his condition, Julie said: “He’s in a vegetative state, his injuries were life-changing and life-threatening. It’s a hard time for us right now.”

His mother Julie Threshie says the family have been left “heartbroken” by the incident and their lives have been turned upside down as her 31-year-old son fights for his life.

Read more: Man fighting for his life in hospital as five men are arrested over Halloween horror attack 

Basingstoke Gazette:

Urging anyone with information to come forward, Julie said: “If there is anyone who heard or saw what happen to my son, I ask that they give the information up to the police.

“I would like to think that there is a member of the public who is able to help.”

She added: “I plead with you, if you know anything regarding this attack then to tell the police, I would not wish this on anyone.”

As previously reported in the Gazette, the attack took place on Halloween between 10.30pm and 10.53pm on October 31.

When police arrived at the scene Frazer was found in a garden with serious injuries before being rushed to hospital for treatment.

Read more: Man in hospital and another treated by paramedics after being sprayed with 'unknown substance'

When asked what she knew about the incident and the investigation, Julie said she has been left in the dark.

She said: “I live in London, so was only aware of what happened when I was told that he was in hospital and I was told he was seriously injured.

“I have no idea as to why this happened to him.”

Hampshire Constabulary initially arrested five men on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder over the assault. Two men in their 30s from Basingstoke and three men in their 20s also from Basingstoke were taken into custody.

However none were charged and all five were released under investigation by the police, something Julie said she is struggling to come to terms with.

“It would mean a lot to find these monsters. It would not change the reality of what I am going through but it would mean a lot for them to receive the punishment they deserve,” Julie told this newspaper.

“This has completely changed our whole families lives and I just want to focus on my son, but until the investigation is over it still hangs over us.”

When asked what she would say to her son’s attacks if she were ever to come face-to-face with them, she added: “I would like to question them as to find out exactly what happened and how they feel now and if they have any remorse.”

At the time of the incident along with the attack on Frazer, a 58-year-old man from Basingstoke, also received hospital treatment after being sprayed with an unknown substance. His injuries were not believed to be serious.

If anyone has any information they are asked to contact the police on 101 quoting Operation Enhance.

Return to Homepage