A BLOCK of flats was evacuated after a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to reports of a domestic fire at a flat in St Michael's Road, Basingstoke yesterday (Sunday, 12 May) at 12.05pm.

Two crews from Basingstoke fire station attended the incident, and everyone inside the building at the time had been evacuated when the fire service had arrived.

The fire took place on the kitchen hobs of one of the flats.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a tactical vent to remove the smoke.

Firefighters left the scene at 12.22pm.