A MAN from Hartley Wintney died from “toxic levels” of MDMA after overdosing on the drug in his back garden in the company of two strangers, an inquest heard.

Jordan Gratwick, of West Green Road, died in the garden outside his home after taking the party drug whilst with two strangers he met on a night out.

After meeting Lima Sinka and her partner Brandon Hersey at MooMoo Clubrooms, in Fleet, at 2.30am on June 3, Mr Gratwick, 26, invited them back to his home, where he lived with his parents. 

On the way back from the nightclub, they stopped at a cash point where Mr Gratwick, a keen bodybuilder, was seen withdrawing money on CCTV, the inquest at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court heard.

The trio went back to Mr Gratwick’s home where they all took drugs.

In a statement read out at the inquest, Ms Sinka said that her partner took Mr Gratwick outside after he saw him touching her thigh. 

Mr Gratwick then fell to the floor.

When she saw Mr Gratwick’s “purple face and purple eyes” she contacted the ambulance service whilst Mr Hersey attempted CPR.

Mr Gratwick’s father, Adam Gratwick, told the inquest he was awoken by banging on the back door of his house.

He added: “I went downstairs and was surprised to see two total strangers standing outside. The boy [Mr Hersey] came around and introduced himself by sticking his hand out.”

When ambulance services arrived, Adam Gratwick was trying to revive his son.

Although they were unable to save him, Adam Gratwick thanked the medical service for their “sterling efforts” that morning.

The legitimacy of Mr Hersey and Ms Sinka’s witness statements were called into question by North East Hampshire coroner Andrew Bradley who viewed them “with suspicion” but he commented that he “couldn’t say they were lying”. 

Mr Bradley said: “I have absolutely no doubt Jordan was used to achieved their ends. They got the use of drugs. I have no doubt Jordan was a willing participant in being used.”

In delivering a misadventure verdict, he added: “Jordan’s death is sad, but I have no doubt that this is him voluntarily taking an overdose of MDMA and for that I am just sorry.”