In the KRL Electrical sponsored Test Valley Billiard League Tom Parker Cup it was team mate versus team mate in both semi-finals as Wherwell’s Paul Fleming struggled against the in-form 2005 winner Lee Ayers, who cruised into the final winning 100-47.

Richard Stevens, the 1998 holder of the cup played reigning champion Ian Carpenter for the place in the final. Richard broke off and failed to leave the balls safe as Ian took advantage scoring 11 points and leaving the balls safe. Ian racked up the points at every visit increasing his lead while Richard played his game but couldn’t match his opponent game, finally losing 100-41.

In the JP Kitchen Fitting sponsored league matches there was a clash of the top two with Clatford Plains and Wherwell Home Guard fighting it out with just the one match remaining to put pressure on their final matches in a fortnight. It was home advantage after the first game with Colin Horne taking the win from Paul Fleming, with a 39 point difference. Three breaks in the mid-20s weren’t enough for the Plains’ Nigel Horne to beat Tom Parker Cup finalist Lee Ayers, losing by 73 points, giving the advantage back to the Home Guard.

With the Plains trailing by 34, Alan Batchelor had a fight on his hands against Wherwell’s Peter Green to keep them in the chase for the title and with Alan failing to put together any substantial breaks and Peter scoring 25 and 38 breaks, the title looks to have slipped through their grasp as Alan finally lost by 68 points, leaving Wherwell 43 clear at the top of the table with one match remaining.

Mottisfont were hoping to put in a better performance in their away match against Cannons than they did in their home fixture, when they failed to win any matches.

Dave Chase was back to his normal game in his win against Richard Stevens, winning by 20 points to give the Fonts an early lead. Ernie Jackson was unlucky not to record his first league win, narrowly losing out to Kevin Robson by seven points which still gave Mottisfont the lead with the final game between Paul Carpenter and Graham Osman. With both struggling to find any form the game dragged on, until Graham scored the winning points beating Paul by seven and taking the match by 20 points to finish their season off for the Fonts.