GIANT killers Hartley Wintney booked a dream trip to AFC Bournemouth in the semi- finals of the Hampshire Senior Cup, after a comfortable 3-1 win over Southern League outfit AFC Totton.

The Combined Counties League Premier Division leaders almost got off to the perfect start in the first minute at Totton, when Ross Cook fastened on to a Sam Argent pass and shot over the bar.

The next effort from the Row came on seven minutes, when Shane Hollomby saw his header from a Steven Duff corner headed off the line.

In their first effort on goal the Stags took the lead. Nick Watts sent in a high cross from the right wing which went over the head of Paul Strudley and dropped in at the back post.

Hartley responded well and put on pressure, but without troubling Charlie Searle in the Totton goal. However a chance came along on 29 minutes.

A needless free-kick was conceded on the edge of the box by a Stags defender.

Ross Cook stepped up and sent an accurate shot around the wall and into the net for the equaliser.

Three minutes later things got better for the Row. Louie Paget split the home defence with a pass which sent Cook clear with a clear run in on goal. The striker made no mistake with a strong shot past the advancing Searle.

On 34 minutes, Duff went on a long run down the left wing. After cutting in his parting shot hit the post.

Six minutes later, the Stags chances of recovery greatly diminished. Cook was able to get behind the home defence and raced into the penalty box.

Just as he was about to shoot he was hauled down from behind by O’Shea McDonald who instantly received a red card from referee James Robinson. Cook took the penalty, but Searle guessed correctly and made a good save to his left.

Hartley had the first chance of the half on 52 minutes, when Cook and Argent combined to set up Paget who saw his shot well saved by Searle.

Five minutes later, the Row extended their lead. A Duff corner from the left was handled by a Stags defender providing a second penalty for Hartley. This time Argent stepped up and made no mistake.

On 65 minutes, Cook went on a solo dribble through the home defence and only a good save from Searle prevented another score. Ten minutes later, a cross from Ian Jones found the head of Paget whose effort went just wide. The young midfielder was out of luck again on 75 minutes when he got on to end of a Argent pass, but saw his effort well saved by the impressive Charlie Searle.

With Hartley content to hold on to their advantage the home side had more of the play and but in a spirited finish. However, it was Hartley who had the final three efforts just before full time.

First New went on a long run from his own half and was unlucky to see his effort go across the face of the goal. Then Marc Vockins found Duff and his effort brought out another good save from Searle. The final effort also came from Duff who fired past the post after a good move.

Hartley return to league action on Saturday when they entertain Raynes Park Vale.