ONLY two games survived after weather last Sunday.

The result of the day was Bramley United's visit to Loch and Quay in a Hampshire Sunday Junior A Cup quarter-final round.

Bramley were in good form, with nine successive wins under their belt.

Loch and Quay play in the Bournemouth Hayward Sunday League and are clearly no slouches.

They came into this match with only one defeat in the previous twelve games and only dropped five league points all season, excellent form to add to their home advantage.

Loch and Quay used their visitors' long trip to catch them out while they were stiff, netting twice in the first 15 minutes of the game, putting Bramley in deep water.

A Simon Goff corner kick was headed home by Dean Ridgers late in the half, so they went in at half-time at 2-1.

Bramley strived for the equaliser and were rewarded 20 minutes from the end with Adam Bartlett pulling the visitors back on level terms.

The match finished 2-2 and went to penalties. Bartlett, Colin Bell, Phil Mark, Goff and Ridgers all converted their spot kicks.

Dave Wallace in goal saved the second penalty, so the hosts did not need to take their fifth, the match settled 5-3 on penalties.

In a Kelvin Cup semi-final tie, Tidworth Town entertained Soldiers Return.

Tidworth are top of the Andover Sunday League with a 100 per cent record, and have suffered just two cup defeats in 16 games.

Meanwhile, Soldiers Return were trying to recover from three defeats on the trot, all of them on their travels.

Soldiers began with a slow start and fell two goals behind in the first 10 minutes.

Even worse, they were 3-0 behind by the time the whistle blew for half-time.

However, Soldiers Return stunned the hosts by pulling three goals back to 3-3 just 20 minutes into the second half, with goals from Stu Cubbage and a brace from Cobi Judd. Soldiers felt they had the momentum and pressed hard for the winner, but the hosts broke away after absorbing all the pressure and found a winning goal, to which Soldiers were unable to respond.