HARTLEY Wintney visited Bedfont and Feltham’s Orchard Ground looking to do some plucking and picking on their way to hopefully three points.

After a quiet start to the game Hartley opened the scoring on nine minutes. Sam Argent chased a long pass through the middle.

Triston Thomas the home goalkeeper rushed from his goal and cleared but only to Luke Perkins some 30 yards out.

The winger took aim and like William Tell shooting an arrow at the apple from his sons head found the accuracy to beat Thomas.

The Row's lead lasted just three minutes. A free-kick some 25 yards out from Craig Tompkins was pushed around the post by Jake Maddock.

From the resulting corner Hartley were unable to clear their lines and Jason Pinnock scored from close range.

On the 16 minute mark. Perkins picked up a knock and was replaced by Dean Stow on 16 minutes.

Hartley had lots of the play without testing Thomas and looked vulnerable to the occasional attack from the home side.

On 26 minutes, the home side had a chance when a misunderstanding between Stow and Maddock allowed Jacob Lambe a shot from close range which Maddock did well to parry.

Two minutes later a long run from Steve Laidler ended with a shot from Louie Paget which went just past the post.

On 30 minutes a good move down the left by Bedfont saw a cross from Ashley Quashie which Shakeel Morris headed wide.

The home side overturned the apple cart on 31 minutes. A long ball saw Adam New allow the ball to run towards his own goal.

Morris managed to get in front of him and New pulled down the home forward inside the penalty box. The Row were relieved to see referee Oliver Davies produce just a yellow card for New and Tompkins scored from the spot.

On 38 minutes a cross from Jack French saw Sam Argent do well to control and shoot just wide.

Approaching half time Hartley laid siege to the home goal. A fierce shot from Stow was beaten out by Thomas to Ian Jones.

His effort brought a good save from the home keeper who pushed the ball over the bar.

From the resultant corner by Stow, Liam Eagle headed back across goal and Argent was on hand to head home from close range to make it 2-2 The second half saw an early chance for the home side. A long ball saw Steve Laidler and Liam Eagle collide. This enabled Shakeel Morris to go on a run through the middle which ended with a shot past the post.

Hartley applied the pressure for a spell and two chances followed on 52 minutes. First Louie Paget and Dean Stow combined on the right and the cross from the latter saw an over head kick from Sam Argent go just wide. Then Adam New made good progress down the left and his cross saw an effort from Dean Stow well saved by Thomas.

On 55 minutes Louie Paget sent a long banana curled pass around the home defence which set Sam Argent free with a run on goal.

Melchi Emmanuael-Williams hauled the striker down just outside the penalty box.

He instantly received a red card and the home side were reduced to 10 men.

Almost immediately the Row introduced their potential good picker and plucker in the form of Ross Cook to fill the baskets.

It took the returning striker just five more minutes to score a plum goal.

A long cross on the left wing from Adam New found Cook who fired home on the half volley leaving Thomas no chance.

Home midfielder Leon Fisher was guilty of a few reckless challenges on Ross Cook and on 70 minutes was shown a yellow card. Cook continued to be as prickly as a pineapple to the home defence. On 78 minutes Hartley sealed the match. Paget sent another banana pass past the tiring home defence allowing Cook to run in on the home goal. The striker took it on and smashed his shot past Thomas.

Three minutes later the Row added a fifth. Stow created space down the right and his cross was headed in at the far post by Argent.

The home side staged a spirited response and Maddock did well to push a shot around the post from Melford Simpson.

From the resultant corner Harley had difficulty clearing and Shane Hollomby was forced to head off the line.

On 87 minutes Hartley added a sixth goal. Stow fed Cook who interchanged passes with Argent.

The final pass set Argent free and the striker made no mistake in scoring past the outrushing Thomas.

On full time a good break down the right involving Stow and Paget saw the latter deliver a good cross which Argent converted at the near post to complete the 7-2 victory.

All in all a good fruitful day at the Orchard with the basket full of goals and points.

However the Row will need to review some of the defending before their big match on Tuesday night when they face visiting AFC Totton in their Hampshire Senior Cup quarter-final tie.