FROZEN pitches wiped out all but four of the game in the Basingstoke and District League programme.

Three of these were in the North Hants Junior Cup all being played in Andover.

Twentyten Reserves made it through to the semi-finalists as they beat Sparten Vets 4-3 on penalties after drawing 1-1 in normal time.

Twentyten enjoyed much the better of the first half and took the lead after 25 minutes.

Franklin Spacagna played a one two with Dan Hancock who netted from six yards out.

The Vets levelled before the break when Jack Barrett, in trying to clear his lines, sliced into his own goal.

Although the visitors regained control and had the better of play, it ended 1-1 at full time.

In the resulting penalty shoot-out, Jack Kennedy, Olly Lacey and Jack Barrett scored the first three for Twentyten penalties.

The Vets hit the post with their third, before goalkeeper Jack Brown fired over.

Brown atoned by saving the next penalty and player/manager Graham Jenkins won them the game.

Basingstoke Royals also made the last four beating CK Andover 3-2.

However, it came at the cost of losing key man Craig Barker, sent off for descent which will mean a three match suspension.

Royals led 2-0 after 45 minutes, with their first coming from Barker as he diverted a cut back by Stephen Price into the net.

In the 40th minute Scott Harvey headed home a cross from Cobi Judd.

CK came back with a goal 10 minutes after the break and 12 minutes later Barker received his marching orders, after a nasty tackle on him.

Despite the disadvantage Royals extended their lead after 70 minutes as Judd netted the rebound from Price's shot.

Five minutes later the Andover side scored their second, but Royals held on for the win.

AFC Aldermaston Reserves went out as they lost 5-3 on penalties to Sparten, after it finished 2-2.

Trailing 2-0, Aldermaston pulled a goal back on the hour as James Edwards converted Ricky Waknell's cross.

They remained on top and equalised five minutes from time.

It came when a good ball over the top from Rio Francis which saw Waknell score with a lob.

This meant a penalty shoot-out and although Ric Francis, Waknell and Rees Barrett converted they lost 5-3.

The remaining quarter final between Winklebury Wizards and AFC Berg will be played on Saturday and the winners will play Twentyten Reserves. Basingstoke Royals will visit Sparten. Both games are to be played on February 11.