DJS Telecoms face a nervous wait to see if they will be crowned champions of Basingstoke and District Saturday League Division Two after losing 3-2 to Bengal Brasserie on Monday night.

Victory would have seen DJS secure top spot, but defeat means they must take a point from their final two games of the season to win the league.

The leaders had a great chance to take the lead when awarded an early penalty, but Allan Morgan's spot-kick was saved by stand-in goalkeeper Jimmy Buckland.

Lee Neal had DJS ahead at the break, but Connor Dawber levelled the game early in the second half, Josh Taylor put Bengal in front and Clayton Deacon made it 3-1.

Rob Stait also hit the crossbar for Bengal but Pete Lomax netted for DJS to set up a tense finale. The tension clearly got the better of the players, with three men shown red cards in the closing stages.

Neal was first to get his marching orders, while Bengal's Taylor was shown a second yellow for a late challenge, with DJS's Steve Carter earning himself a red card for violent conduct in the aftermath.

The disappointment for DJS followed two days after they dispatched bottom side Sherborne St John Reserves 6-1.

An own-goal from Tom Hartley put them ahead, while Neal scored twice to extend the lead to 3-0 after just 25 minutes. Jame Buller pulled one back for Sherborne, but George Lagden netted the fourth, before Neal added two more to take his personal tally for the day to four goals.

If DJS slip up, Hampshire Irons could still claim top spot, but they would have to win all three of their remaining matches after losing 3-1 to Twenty Ten last week.

Tom Chant put the title contenders ahead early on, but Joe Hill levelled and scored twice more in the second half to complete his hat-trick and give Twenty Ten the win.

Irons did manage to keep the title race alive at the weekend though, beating Overton United B 4-1.

James Arnold had them a goal up at half-time, while Dave Galvin and Arnold's second made it 3-0 in the second half. Robson Pereria replied for Overton, but Galvin's second secured the victory for Irons.

Twenty Ten drew 3-3 with Bounty United on Saturday.

Ryan Lupton put Bounty ahead, but Warren Hill levelled the game before half-time. Paul Barton restored the Bounty lead but Carl Pearson equalised from the penalty spot and the same player then put Twenty Ten ahead. Chris Reece secured a share of the points for Bounty five minutes from time.