SKEWERS gained revenge for two heavy defeats by Lamb Inn this season as they beat them 5-3 in the semi-final of the Bernard Cornish Cup on Sunday.

Skewers took an early 2-0 lead, but by half-time the Lamb Inn had drawn level.

Skewers were on fire in the second half and thanks to braces from Steven Bean and Matt Osborne and Brett Denham’s single won the tie.

The result ended a run of eight wins for Lamb Inn and gave Skewers a hat-trick of successive win.

In the other semi-final, Basingstoke and District Division Two Chineham hosted Division Three side North Warnborough Two.

After an even first half, the home side took the lead soon after the break as Kieran Alleyene scored.

Late on in the second-half the underdogs equalised then Chineham’s Finlay Thompson hit the winner on a breakaway.

In Sunday league action, Basingstoke Saints were beaten 3-2 at home by visitors Sporting Silchester in Division One.

Walter Endore and Liam James netted for Saints, while Silchester replied with a brace from Barry Smith and a Dan Trump single. Silchester have now won six in a row, of which the last five have been away.

Basingstoke Sports and Social lost at home 3-1 to CI FC.

The visitors took the lead 10 minutes into the second-half from Chris Kirby and it became 2-0 thanks Ally Crump, on his season debut.

Alex Izzo pulled a goal back for Sports and Social, but a Bobbie Frost penalty near the end secured all three points for CI.

South View comfortably beat Eastrop Eagles 9-0 to restore their place at the top of Division Two, while the Eagles are languishing at the bottom.

Harry Rudge and Ashley Roberts both chalked up hat-tricks for South View, while James Hartwell, Kieran Challis and Paul Lewis added singles. Liam Williams deserves a special mention with nine assists.

The bottom two sides in Division Three faced each other as Railway Club entertained AFC Golden Lion.

The home side went down 4-2, despite strikes from Ash Burchett and Michael Morey. The Lion's scorers were braces each from Mike Brodie and George Martin.

The win provided sweet revenge for a defeat by Railway Club in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.

Sambuca were beaten 9-2 by title favourites FC Everest. Sambuca's opening goal was a peach of a goal from Josh Taylor, who chipped the goalkeeper from 25 yards.

Their second was scored by Tom Green, who slotted home from 20-yards out.

The honours were even as Team FC and UWS fought out a 1-1 draw.