LIAM Enver-Marum made a dream debut for Basingstoke Town as he scored an injury time winner as part of a brace, as he helped his new side beat visiting Dorchester Town 2-1 on Saturday.

The new striker ended the Dragons recent goal drought and he was part of new strike force alongside another recent addition Nicholas Bignall.

So this meant Robbie Matthews and Jordace Holder-Spooner dropped to the bench, while the only other change in the Basingstoke’s team saw Nathan Smart come in for Andrew Jenkinson.

Visiting Dorchester included Basingstoke native Ryan Case, a product of the Bournemouth Academy.

After Basingstoke fired wide a couple of chances, home goalie Louis Wells was called into action and did well at full stretch to keep out Charlie Lossaso’s header.

The rebound dropped to Elliott Chamberlain, but the angle was too tight and Wells smothered the shot.

New boy Enver-Marum nicely linked up with striker partner Bignall, but the cross was taken off the head of Bignall by a Dorchester defender.

Basingstoke took the lead after 30 minutes, as Bignall nodded down the ball for Enver-Marum to open his account with a superb volley.

It was a clinical finish, something Town had been missing in recent weeks and ended their goal drought after 372 minutes.

The home side so nearly doubled their tally just before the break, as Bignall released Smart and his low centre found Enver-Marum, but the Dorchester goalkeeper made the block.

Then in added on time, Louie Soares fires in a volley from the edge of the area and only a good save from Walker-Harris denied him.

The first chance of the second-half saw Enver-Marum continue his impressive debut. He won the ball 25-yards out and skipped around a couple of challenges, before taking a shot which curls just wide of the post.

Dorchester looked for an equaliser and Elliott Chamberlain forced Wells into a save, before sub Andrew Jenkinson’s driven cross hit Jake Smeeton. The ball could have gone anywhere, but fortunately for the visitors it went wide of the post.

The visitor’s levelled with a super strike from Lossaso, as he was given too much time on the edge of the area and his shot sails into the top corner.

The home side reply as Shaun McAuley’s shot was not held by Walker-Harris and Enver-Marum is pulled back as he tried to get to the rebound, but no penalty was given.

Wes Daly then broke into the box and his powerful shot was bravely blocked by Jake McCarthy.

A Jenkinson shot from the edge of the area, took a deflection, and with the Dorchester goalkeeper beaten it bobbled wide.

As the game went into injury time Town grabbed the winner, as Enver-Marum picked the ball on the left and went past a defender with a clever touch before he hit the target.

Town are next in action when they travel to Woking to face Hayes and Yeading on Thursday (kick-off 7.45pm).