HAMPSHIRE Irons and DJS Telecoms face each other in the final of the Basingstoke and District Saturday League Basingstoke B Cup on Saturday at the Winklebury Football Complex (kick-off 6.30pm).

A close game is expected as both sides are level on points at the top of the Basingstoke League Division Two.

Both DJS Telecom and Hampshire Irons won their respected games in  Division Two last Saturday.

DJS had it easy 5-1 victory against visiting bottom side Sherborne Reserves. Paul Garton gave them the lead, before the basement side levelled from Rory Hatherell.

DJS were awarded a penalty in the fifth minute after Lee Neal was fouled, but a fine save by Russ Hancock kept the scores level.

After the break, the home side scored four without reply, from Nick Saunders (2), Neal and Nathan Lawson.

Leaders Hampshire Irons narrowly beat Basingstoke Athletic 1-0, as David Galvin scored the winner after eight minutes.

AFC Aldermaston A lost 3-1 to Overton United B three weeks ago, but in the return at Aldermaston they pulled off a surprise 4-2 win. Kevin Flain’s hat-trick sunk Overton who lost Dan Hargood with a broken collar bone with the score at 3-2 after 66 minutes.

Overton started well enough and took the lead through Matt Tatum, but two strikes from Flain and the third from Andy Hynes gave Aldermaston a 3-1 lead. Darren White reduced the lead, but, Flain’s hat-trick made sure of the win.

Following three straight defeats AFC Berg came back from 4-1 down to beat Bengal Brasserie 5-4. Kyle Buckland and Michael Fuller scored for Bengal and Berg’s Kieran Allanye pulled one back before the break.

Buckland and Ron Stait extended the lead to 4-1, before the fight back began as Spencer Charlton scored from 18-yards out and Allayne’s second made it 3-2. Allayne completed his hat-trick to level the game, before Charlton was then sent off after he was shown a second yellow card. This did not stop Berg as the 10 men won the game with four minutes left as Dean Bridges headed home.