SKEWERS are three points clear at the top of the Basingstoke and District Saturday League Division One table after beating Hook Reserves 4-2.

Hook took an early lead through Jack McKee but Sam Cato soon levelled and further goals from Luke Manton and Cato's second had the leaders 3-1 up.

McKee got his second to reduce the deficit to a single goal before half-time and there was just one goal in the second period, Skewers' Manton also finding the net for a second time, though Dan Framp did hit the post for Hook.

Basement side Herriard Sports held hosts Tadley Calleva A to a 3-3 draw after drafting in two Hartley Wintney players, Jason Minton and Tom Walsh.

Sam Weber put Herriard ahead but Stephen Burgess levelled for Tadley almost straight away and the home side could have gone ahead, hitting both post and crossbar.

Minton converted a penalty to put Herriard ahead at the break but Kye Theodore levelled on the hour and put his side ahead for the first time 10 minutes later. However, Tadley were denied victory in the final minute, Minton scoring from the penalty spot after a foul on Weber to make it 3-3.

A Darren White hat-trick saw Overton United B to a 3-2 victory over high-flying Bounty United in Division Two.

The result had been the other way around when the sides met the previous week, so it was revenge for Overton, who took the lead when Tita Martins played White through.

Bounty drew level but White had Overton ahead before half-time and his hat-trick goal came 21 minutes before the end. Bounty got a second but were unable to pull level.

Basingstoke Labour Club drew 2-2 with Basingstoke Athletic. Athletic took the lead when Luke Allison followed up to net after James Lounton had hit the crossbar after 15 minutes.

AJ Carr and Mike Hill combined for Dave Besant to level before the break but Lounton restored Athletic's advantage early in the second half.

Labour levelled 15 minutes from time, Besant getting his second of the game to move his side off the bottom of the table.

They are replaced by Sherborne St John Reserves, who went down 9-1 to Twenty Ten.

Ryan Lupton's first-half hat-trick was added to by Joe Osborne and Joe Hill to put Twenty Ten 5-0 up at the break, while Carl Peason bagged a second-half brace and Frank Spacagna and John Clarke got the others. Alec Rowland scored Sherborne's lone goal, making it 6-1 at the time.