BENGAL Brasserie are through to the final of the Hampshire Junior B Cup after beating hosts Overton United A 3-2 at Berrydown on Saturday.

The game was one of just three to survive the weather in the Basingstoke and District Saturday League programme and it was Overton who made the better start.

Darren White failed to make the most of two clear chances to put the hosts ahead and Bengal took the lead against the run of play on 25 minutes, Paul Deakin firing in from distance.

The hosts levelled just before the break, when Dan Hargood’s corner was deflected past the visiting goalkeeper, while Ross Soper-Dyer missed a good chance to put them ahead early in the second half.

Bengal went back in front with 15 minutes left as Rob Stait beat two men before putting Kyle Buckland through to score his 25th goal of the season. He then turned provider, his free-kick setting up substitute Tommy Langley to make it 3-1.

Overton pulled a goal back in stoppage-time, White’s cross being put through his own net by Mark Johnson.

Meanwhile, Overton United Reserves went out of the North Hants Intermediate Cup with a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Crusaders.

The visitors took an early lead and while Ross Cook levelled, Crusaders scored again to lead 2-1 at half-time before going on to complete a narrow victory.

Herriard Sports crashed out of the North Hants May Cup at the quarter-final stage with a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Andover League outfit Kings Somborne. Herriard trailed by four goals at half-time and conceded two more after the break.

Bottom side Old Basing Rangers sprung a surprise in the Basingstoke and District Saturday League Premier Division, holding title hopefuls Basingstoke Royals to a 2-2 draw.

Stephen Horton’s header from Ashley Taylor’s cross had Royals ahead on the half-hour and Nick Willcock was denied by Rangers goalkeeper Paul Ralph as they looked for a second goal.

The visitors pulled level thanks to Richard Spears’ penalty, awarded after Ryan Tubb fouled Ryan Kearney in the box, while Carlos Gonzales put Rangers ahead on 65 minutes.

Royals salvaged a point in the closing stages as a square ball from Brendon Vickery led to Willcock scrambling the ball over the line.