THE Basingstoke and District Saturday League will boast at least one side in the final of the Hampshire Junior B Cup after three teams reached the semi-finals.

DJS Telecoms swept into the last four with a comprehensive 10-1 victory over Michelmersh and Timsbury A. Nick Saunders, Allan Moragn and Lee Neal made it 3-0 in the opening 25 minutes, while further goals from Neal and George Lagden had the visitors five goals up at the break.

Neal completed his hat-trick early in the second half, while goals from Danny Deadman and Lagden made it 8-0 before the hosts pulled one back, but further strikes from Nathan Lawson and Lagden's hat-trick goal completed the scoring.

Overton United B beat visiting Isle of Wight side Whitecroft and Barton Sports Reserves 6-3 to secure their place in the semi-finals.

Ross Soper-Dyer put Darren White through to give Overton an early lead and while Whitecroft levelled, White restored his side's advantage on 15 minutes. Nick Breeze made it 3-1, but the visitors hit back to score twice and go in at half-time level at 3-3.

Dan Hargood put Overton back ahead on the hour, while an own-goal gave the hosts some breathing space before White completed his hat-trick, and the scoring, from the penalty spot.

Bengal Brasserie travelled to the island and came home happy following a 6-1 win over Seaview, Kyle Buckland scoring four goals to take his tally for the season to 28.

Buckland scored twice in the first 15 minutes, while Tom Green's double made it 4-0. Seaview pulled one back but Buckland added two more to complete the victory and set up a semi-final date against Overton.

A trio of teams from the Basingstoke and District Saturday League also secured their places in the quarter-finals of the Hampshire A Cup.

Bramley United overcame Aldershot League outfit Courtmoor 4-3 in a close game.

Phil Mark gave Bramley an early lead but they trailed 2-1 at half-time. Ben Squibb levelled the game on 55 minutes and while United went 3-2 down, an own-goal and Nick Harris' penalty saw them through.

Tadley Calleva A beat local rivals Baughurst AFC, who now play in the Reading League, 4-2.

Baughurst went ahead through Tom Etheridge and while goals from Michael Abbott and Gary Hibbs had Tadley 2-1 up, the visitors levelled before half-time. However, Tadley took control after the break, with Kyle Theodore extending his scoring run to 11 consecutive matches and Simon Penfold getting the fourth.

Sadly, Theodore's run is soon to come to an end soon as he was sent off in the closing stages.

Basingstoke Royals beat North Berks League outfit FC Burghclere 2-1 on the all-weather pitch at Everest School.

Royals dominated from the off but they only took the lead on 40 minutes, Dean Ridgers putting them ahead. Tom Smith doubled the lead on 70 minutes, while Burghclere got on the scoresheet in the final minute.

Welly Old Boys' game against Hook and New Inn's trip to Andover New Street Swifts were both postponed.

There were two shock results in Basingstoke and District Saturday League Division One, with title contenders Pure Spartan and Skewers both suffering defeat.

Chineham Albion were massive underdogs going into their game against leaders Pure Spartan - but they won their first match following the resignation of manager Sam Mansfield 2-1.

Tim Wright headed home a Nick Carter cross to give Chineham a 1-0 lead at half-time. Pure levelled on 55 minutes, Chris Dobbie heading in a Dave Ratcliff long throw, and the game looked to be going to the form book when they were awarded a penalty.

However, Jon Dawson hit the bar and several other chances went begging before Wright grabbed the winner for Chineham.

Skewers went down 5-2 against Welly Old Boys Reserves. A penalty had Skewers ahead at the break but Mike Morey levelled the match early in the second half. Skewers regained the lead but further goals from Graham Jenkins, Ashley Burchett, Austin Kelly and Mark Pyle secured victory for Welly.

Bounty United are up to third in Division Two after winning 4-1 against visiting Labour Club at Castle Field.

Labour took a first-minute lead through Leon Duly and while Paul Barton levelled, Bounty then found visiting goalkeeper Neil Todd in excellent form. They finally beat him on 80 minutes, Mitchell Stokes snaffling up his own rebound, while Will Phillips scored twice in the closing stages to complete the victory.

Basingstoke Athletic also came from behind to win, beating AFC Aldermaston A 2-1. Tony Johnson gave Aldermaston the lead on 25 minutes but Luke Allison levelled the game before half-time and Ashley Russell netted the winner with 10 minutes left.