Saints fans want Koeman

Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman

First published in Sport Basingstoke Gazette: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Sports Reporter

Saints fans would be keen to see Ronald Koeman take over as the club’s new manager.

The 51-year-old is the leading contender to replace Mauricio Pochettino at St Mary’s and has already held talks with the club.

A poll on the Daily Echo website, which had attracted well over one thousand votes by last night, has now revealed that 92 per cent of supporters would like the Dutch legend to get the job.

As reported in yesterday’s Echo, Koeman is understood to have met with Saints officials on Monday to discuss replacing Pochettino, who quit the club last week and joined Tottenham.

The talks are believed to have been positive, with Koeman very much in the frame for the job.

He is not the only name being considered, though, with Saints still likely to speak with a small selection of other candidates before making a final decision on who they wish to go with.

No appointment looks likely this week, as the club make sure they conduct their due diligence properly and do not rush into anything.

A more realistic timescale would appear to be within the next ten days or so.

The Saints board has come in for some criticism in recent weeks, but the possibility of an appointment such as Koeman, coupled with their firm stance on the futures of Adam Lallana and Luke Shaw, has helped settle the mood.

Koeman’s fellow countryman, Mark Wotte, who had a spell managing Saints in the 2008/09 season, has already described the former Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord coach as a “perfect” choice.

The former Barcelona player and Netherlands captain is coming off a fine three seasons in charge of Feyenoord, guiding the Rotterdam club to second, third and second in the Dutch Eredivisie.

With a reputation for promoting attacking football – his team were leading scorers in the top flight last season – and having successfully integrated a number of academy players into the first team at his most recent club, he would appear to tick many of the right boxes for Saints.

Comments (57)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:20am Thu 5 Jun 14

costa gaz says...

He'll do for me... Us fans don't get to choose, but hopefully the saints board will get this right.
If the get it wrong, there might be a bit of a backlash from the fans and some disenchanted players.
He'll do for me... Us fans don't get to choose, but hopefully the saints board will get this right. If the get it wrong, there might be a bit of a backlash from the fans and some disenchanted players. costa gaz
  • Score: 20

8:21am Thu 5 Jun 14

saints fan #1 says...

Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign
Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign Sign saints fan #1
  • Score: 14

8:22am Thu 5 Jun 14

JimmyLondon says...

Echo

Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer JimmyLondon
  • Score: 6

8:24am Thu 5 Jun 14

Blackknight says...

Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks".

Oh dear, I hope not.
Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks". Oh dear, I hope not. Blackknight
  • Score: 22

8:27am Thu 5 Jun 14

White and red till dead says...

JimmyLondon wrote:
Echo

Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list...

I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom...
[quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list... I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom... White and red till dead
  • Score: -32

8:29am Thu 5 Jun 14

costa gaz says...

Blackknight wrote:
Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks".

Oh dear, I hope not.
Don't worry Blacknight....... it was in the daily mirror, one day they will get a story right... hopefully not this one.
[quote][p][bold]Blackknight[/bold] wrote: Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks". Oh dear, I hope not.[/p][/quote]Don't worry Blacknight....... it was in the daily mirror, one day they will get a story right... hopefully not this one. costa gaz
  • Score: 14

8:32am Thu 5 Jun 14

costa gaz says...

JimmyLondon wrote:
Echo

Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
These other 3 would not be on the list because there is zero chance of any of them coming here.
[quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]These other 3 would not be on the list because there is zero chance of any of them coming here. costa gaz
  • Score: -3

8:33am Thu 5 Jun 14

JohnItaly says...

The most concerning thing about this whole episode is that RK & KL are not exactly blessed with Premiership football knowledge and experience so who is advising them them on the best way forward. Surely can only be Les Reed, who doesn't fill me with confidence following his public statement back in April which now amounts to nothing.
The most concerning thing about this whole episode is that RK & KL are not exactly blessed with Premiership football knowledge and experience so who is advising them them on the best way forward. Surely can only be Les Reed, who doesn't fill me with confidence following his public statement back in April which now amounts to nothing. JohnItaly
  • Score: 0

8:33am Thu 5 Jun 14

JimmyLondon says...

White and red till dead wrote:
JimmyLondon wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list... I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom...
Clarke does not inspire me to be honest, i fear he would not be great with the youngsters or attract top talent.
[quote][p][bold]White and red till dead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list... I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom...[/p][/quote]Clarke does not inspire me to be honest, i fear he would not be great with the youngsters or attract top talent. JimmyLondon
  • Score: 14

8:36am Thu 5 Jun 14

AndyMB says...

Di Matteo would be my preferred choice but Koeman wouldn't be a bad choice. Hopefully his contacts in the game might be able to bring in a few top drawer players. As for departures well Ramirez, Osvaldo and Shaw can leave as far as I'm concerned. Hernandez in and Target at left back will mean no great out lay as replacements and even if Lallana leaves I am sure Ronald will find solid class replacements. Im excited about the future, we have certainly been in much worse positions at this stage in previous years. Financially we are sound, now we need the right Manager and its onwards and upwards COYS
Di Matteo would be my preferred choice but Koeman wouldn't be a bad choice. Hopefully his contacts in the game might be able to bring in a few top drawer players. As for departures well Ramirez, Osvaldo and Shaw can leave as far as I'm concerned. Hernandez in and Target at left back will mean no great out lay as replacements and even if Lallana leaves I am sure Ronald will find solid class replacements. Im excited about the future, we have certainly been in much worse positions at this stage in previous years. Financially we are sound, now we need the right Manager and its onwards and upwards COYS AndyMB
  • Score: 16

8:40am Thu 5 Jun 14

saintofatheism says...

Les reed has the know how, and he knows how' get this guy in a saints suit and tie. Let's do this.
Les reed has the know how, and he knows how' get this guy in a saints suit and tie. Let's do this. saintofatheism
  • Score: 11

8:44am Thu 5 Jun 14

JimmyLondon says...

costa gaz wrote:
JimmyLondon wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
These other 3 would not be on the list because there is zero chance of any of them coming here.
I think that Benitez and de Boer could be a long shot but Ranieri i'm not so sure, he has recently been sacked and i think could be interested. i guess it depends on how ambitous our board is!
[quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]These other 3 would not be on the list because there is zero chance of any of them coming here.[/p][/quote]I think that Benitez and de Boer could be a long shot but Ranieri i'm not so sure, he has recently been sacked and i think could be interested. i guess it depends on how ambitous our board is! JimmyLondon
  • Score: -4

8:56am Thu 5 Jun 14

Wembley76 says...

Concerned that the board have not 'closed the deal' yet....procrastinati
on is never good....Koeman is a 'perfect fit' for us.....attacking football...good with youngsters...highly experienced and credible....whilst Moyes seems uninterested, we are 'too small' for Laudrup, and Benitez is unlikely to come over. We should not be wasting time with the likes of Magath, Clarke, Di Matteo Garcia etc...We need a leader in who will 'sell off' the misfits and disenchanted one's and bring in people who are committed to our vision and journey....Excited about next season, but let's get on with it!!
Concerned that the board have not 'closed the deal' yet....procrastinati on is never good....Koeman is a 'perfect fit' for us.....attacking football...good with youngsters...highly experienced and credible....whilst Moyes seems uninterested, we are 'too small' for Laudrup, and Benitez is unlikely to come over. We should not be wasting time with the likes of Magath, Clarke, Di Matteo Garcia etc...We need a leader in who will 'sell off' the misfits and disenchanted one's and bring in people who are committed to our vision and journey....Excited about next season, but let's get on with it!! Wembley76
  • Score: 6

8:57am Thu 5 Jun 14

alanrr says...

not felix please
not felix please alanrr
  • Score: 15

8:57am Thu 5 Jun 14

manosussex says...

Yes and soon please
Yes and soon please manosussex
  • Score: 0

8:59am Thu 5 Jun 14

pitbull says...

Blackknight wrote:
Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks".

Oh dear, I hope not.
No, not Mr Magoo.

I've read he's a bit of a dictator, don't think the players would bond to him.

Get the big RonKoe in and bring Graziano Pelle with him.
[quote][p][bold]Blackknight[/bold] wrote: Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks". Oh dear, I hope not.[/p][/quote]No, not Mr Magoo. I've read he's a bit of a dictator, don't think the players would bond to him. Get the big RonKoe in and bring Graziano Pelle with him. pitbull
  • Score: 12

9:00am Thu 5 Jun 14

petethephantom says...

hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion petethephantom
  • Score: 24

9:04am Thu 5 Jun 14

Saint Jinx says...

White and red till dead wrote:
JimmyLondon wrote:
Echo

Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list...

I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom...
We want a high profile international manager - anything else will send out the wrong message. We do not want a cheap option a la Rupert Lowe.
[quote][p][bold]White and red till dead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]Spot on, vote was limited with only one name on the list... I don't particularly want Koeman. But here's a wild-card, what about Steve Clarke? He had a pretty good first season with West Brom...[/p][/quote]We want a high profile international manager - anything else will send out the wrong message. We do not want a cheap option a la Rupert Lowe. Saint Jinx
  • Score: 8

9:06am Thu 5 Jun 14

damoose says...

Koeman maybe better suited to coaching the under-dog,.my only worry is Dutch manager`s have never done well in EPL,but none come more decorated than Koeman he`s won everything....the players will respect his CV thats for sure
Koeman maybe better suited to coaching the under-dog,.my only worry is Dutch manager`s have never done well in EPL,but none come more decorated than Koeman he`s won everything....the players will respect his CV thats for sure damoose
  • Score: 13

9:07am Thu 5 Jun 14

Positively4thStreet says...

When all's said and done,Koeman's record,compared with Pochettino's,is stellar,and the Feyenoord fans were upset to see him go,which is a recommendation in itself...bring it on!
When all's said and done,Koeman's record,compared with Pochettino's,is stellar,and the Feyenoord fans were upset to see him go,which is a recommendation in itself...bring it on! Positively4thStreet
  • Score: 23

9:15am Thu 5 Jun 14

damoose says...

hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
===============
Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club...
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion =============== Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club... damoose
  • Score: 20

9:22am Thu 5 Jun 14

yellowcard says...

petethephantom wrote:
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
You hit the nail on the head,the **** at the daily mail is just as bad Neil Ashton.
[quote][p][bold]petethephantom[/bold] wrote: hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion[/p][/quote]You hit the nail on the head,the **** at the daily mail is just as bad Neil Ashton. yellowcard
  • Score: 10

9:23am Thu 5 Jun 14

petethephantom says...

damoose wrote:
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
===============
Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club...
I thought that, but now you have made me feel about the fruitlessness of the majority of articles written about saints
[quote][p][bold]damoose[/bold] wrote: hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion =============== Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club...[/p][/quote]I thought that, but now you have made me feel about the fruitlessness of the majority of articles written about saints petethephantom
  • Score: 4

9:23am Thu 5 Jun 14

pitbull says...

damoose wrote:
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
===============
Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club...
The previous chairman still has a couple of buddies in the media, like Ben Smith from the BBC and that to$$er from the Daily Fail, who only yesterday wrote an article about Les Reed being full of sh!t.
[quote][p][bold]damoose[/bold] wrote: hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion =============== Saints have a few enemies inside the media,they are either Pompey fans or people who didn`t like how we just waltzed through 2 divisions beating everyone in our wake lol,there`s still many snipers inside the media that Cortese rubbed up the wrong way so this is their way of trying to disrupt our club...[/p][/quote]The previous chairman still has a couple of buddies in the media, like Ben Smith from the BBC and that to$$er from the Daily Fail, who only yesterday wrote an article about Les Reed being full of sh!t. pitbull
  • Score: 11

9:34am Thu 5 Jun 14

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: -15

9:34am Thu 5 Jun 14

Block41row0sfc says...

I want mike bassett
I want mike bassett Block41row0sfc
  • Score: 4

9:41am Thu 5 Jun 14

Positively4thStreet says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Now that's what I call,BREAKING NEWS !!!
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call,BREAKING NEWS !!! Positively4thStreet
  • Score: 3

9:49am Thu 5 Jun 14

Malcombe says...

Katharina would not have the Contacts if she flits from her Country to the UK and neither did her father, she has to be guided by those who have the experience of running the Club and it's not only Les Reed, he knows what his job entails but we all know anyone who works in an environment learns about other departments, Ralph doesn't profess to being a Football expert but he knows how to organise, he has contacts throughout the world and he's admitted he will concentrate on Commercial Marketing and Katharina needs a Team of experts not a Team of Numpties.

I and probably thousands of Fans felt totally betrayed when Potchettino resigned, I praised him as high as I could by how Latin people are very family orientated and loyal I never thought he was swanning around with his mind focussed on leaving and never thought I could be so wrong. IMO Players talk to there Agents and they are the ones who spill the Beans and know if a Player is wanted by another Club so they inform the Player and hear his response to pass on to another interested Club.
Money talks and this is what's happened to Saints Players it can be fuelled more when Players are picked for England and when amongst the likes of Gerrard etc and it will never stop, what Southampton deserve is a Manager who wants to stay long term and gain respect and show loyalty, Ronald Koeman has a much better track record than Potchettino and could the man to take the Club to the next level, I'm sure he just wouldn't take the job to pick up his Salary he want's success, I believe Nigel Adkins wanted to be a long stay and we'll never know how his Team would of finished in the League, it wouldn't surprise me if Nigel has applied for his job back with no Cortese. Football Politics has always been confined to the Dressing Rooms and the Club hierarchy and Supporters never get to know it all, Ralph said the new Board intends to be transparent but it's tongue in cheek because not everything can be revealed for obvious reason, what is most important is we all want the best for Southampton FC nothing else will do.
Katharina would not have the Contacts if she flits from her Country to the UK and neither did her father, she has to be guided by those who have the experience of running the Club and it's not only Les Reed, he knows what his job entails but we all know anyone who works in an environment learns about other departments, Ralph doesn't profess to being a Football expert but he knows how to organise, he has contacts throughout the world and he's admitted he will concentrate on Commercial Marketing and Katharina needs a Team of experts not a Team of Numpties. I and probably thousands of Fans felt totally betrayed when Potchettino resigned, I praised him as high as I could by how Latin people are very family orientated and loyal I never thought he was swanning around with his mind focussed on leaving and never thought I could be so wrong. IMO Players talk to there Agents and they are the ones who spill the Beans and know if a Player is wanted by another Club so they inform the Player and hear his response to pass on to another interested Club. Money talks and this is what's happened to Saints Players it can be fuelled more when Players are picked for England and when amongst the likes of Gerrard etc and it will never stop, what Southampton deserve is a Manager who wants to stay long term and gain respect and show loyalty, Ronald Koeman has a much better track record than Potchettino and could the man to take the Club to the next level, I'm sure he just wouldn't take the job to pick up his Salary he want's success, I believe Nigel Adkins wanted to be a long stay and we'll never know how his Team would of finished in the League, it wouldn't surprise me if Nigel has applied for his job back with no Cortese. Football Politics has always been confined to the Dressing Rooms and the Club hierarchy and Supporters never get to know it all, Ralph said the new Board intends to be transparent but it's tongue in cheek because not everything can be revealed for obvious reason, what is most important is we all want the best for Southampton FC nothing else will do. Malcombe
  • Score: 8

10:03am Thu 5 Jun 14

deepheat says...

Wembley76 wrote:
Concerned that the board have not 'closed the deal' yet....procrastinati

on is never good....Koeman is a 'perfect fit' for us.....attacking football...good with youngsters...highly experienced and credible....whilst Moyes seems uninterested, we are 'too small' for Laudrup, and Benitez is unlikely to come over. We should not be wasting time with the likes of Magath, Clarke, Di Matteo Garcia etc...We need a leader in who will 'sell off' the misfits and disenchanted one's and bring in people who are committed to our vision and journey....Excited about next season, but let's get on with it!!
Agree

I think Koeman will be mustard.

I'll get me coat.
[quote][p][bold]Wembley76[/bold] wrote: Concerned that the board have not 'closed the deal' yet....procrastinati on is never good....Koeman is a 'perfect fit' for us.....attacking football...good with youngsters...highly experienced and credible....whilst Moyes seems uninterested, we are 'too small' for Laudrup, and Benitez is unlikely to come over. We should not be wasting time with the likes of Magath, Clarke, Di Matteo Garcia etc...We need a leader in who will 'sell off' the misfits and disenchanted one's and bring in people who are committed to our vision and journey....Excited about next season, but let's get on with it!![/p][/quote]Agree I think Koeman will be mustard. I'll get me coat. deepheat
  • Score: 5

10:03am Thu 5 Jun 14

Chipmonk1 says...

I think RonKo would be a perfect fit.
Also I need to put my hand up as being one of those disappointed by the clubs handling of MoPo and not keeping hold of him. With the benefit of hindsight it is clear that we are better off without him and you will hear the boos coming from my sofa on the other side of the planet when he returns to St Mary's with the spuds (assuming he hasn't been sacked by then).
Also I know Gaston appears to have many detractors here but MoPo never gave him a chance at his proper position as a #10 and according to some reliable reports (BBC), MoPo played favourites and it is clear Gaston was not one of these, When he signed he said he chose Saints over other suitors as he was told a team would be built around him instead he ended up being used sparingly and out of position. Give the lad a go. Finally I copped a few thumbs down for saying we would lose some and gain some over the summer. I am cautiously optimistic that as with everything that has come to pass since the Liebherr revolution, the current situation will end for the better.
I think RonKo would be a perfect fit. Also I need to put my hand up as being one of those disappointed by the clubs handling of MoPo and not keeping hold of him. With the benefit of hindsight it is clear that we are better off without him and you will hear the boos coming from my sofa on the other side of the planet when he returns to St Mary's with the spuds (assuming he hasn't been sacked by then). Also I know Gaston appears to have many detractors here but MoPo never gave him a chance at his proper position as a #10 and according to some reliable reports (BBC), MoPo played favourites and it is clear Gaston was not one of these, When he signed he said he chose Saints over other suitors as he was told a team would be built around him instead he ended up being used sparingly and out of position. Give the lad a go. Finally I copped a few thumbs down for saying we would lose some and gain some over the summer. I am cautiously optimistic that as with everything that has come to pass since the Liebherr revolution, the current situation will end for the better. Chipmonk1
  • Score: 20

10:07am Thu 5 Jun 14

jls217 says...

Blackknight wrote:
Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks".

Oh dear, I hope not.
Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper - GEORGE ORWELL.
[quote][p][bold]Blackknight[/bold] wrote: Todays Mirror "Southampton target Felix Magath as manager but Fulham block their request for talks". Oh dear, I hope not.[/p][/quote]Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper - GEORGE ORWELL. jls217
  • Score: 2

10:09am Thu 5 Jun 14

Chipmonk1 says...

Forgot to add. I would prefer an ambitous manager from another league/country than some journeyman PL experienced manager that settles for mid-table and says job done at the end of the season (re: Fat Sam and Pardew amongst others).
Forgot to add. I would prefer an ambitous manager from another league/country than some journeyman PL experienced manager that settles for mid-table and says job done at the end of the season (re: Fat Sam and Pardew amongst others). Chipmonk1
  • Score: 1

10:11am Thu 5 Jun 14

jls217 says...

petethephantom wrote:
hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles.
Is this true or am I under some illusion
I use this for the second time today because it seems apt to do so
From the mind of one of mankind's deepest thinkers -

GEORGE ORWELL.

Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper
[quote][p][bold]petethephantom[/bold] wrote: hey guys, I live in Sydney Australia and am a member of Southampton Australian Supporters (SAS) , now reading some of the papers on line about saints, I am wondering about the Authenticity of the Daily Mirror. it seems to me that every rumour comes from this paper no matter what and then the daily echo copy's and pastes these articles. Is this true or am I under some illusion[/p][/quote]I use this for the second time today because it seems apt to do so From the mind of one of mankind's deepest thinkers - GEORGE ORWELL. Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper jls217
  • Score: 2

10:11am Thu 5 Jun 14

StElsass says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests.

Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it? StElsass
  • Score: 3

10:17am Thu 5 Jun 14

jls217 says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure? jls217
  • Score: 1

10:17am Thu 5 Jun 14

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

StElsass wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests.

Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?
To be honest I don't know what to make of it all. I am now extremely concerned about the clubs prospects.
[quote][p][bold]StElsass[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?[/p][/quote]To be honest I don't know what to make of it all. I am now extremely concerned about the clubs prospects. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: -3

10:23am Thu 5 Jun 14

costa gaz says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one.

If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world.

Either way keep us posted.
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one. If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world. Either way keep us posted. costa gaz
  • Score: 0

10:29am Thu 5 Jun 14

saint christopher says...

"We're doomed, doomed!!!"

"Don't panic. Don't panic!"
"We're doomed, doomed!!!" "Don't panic. Don't panic!" saint christopher
  • Score: -5

10:50am Thu 5 Jun 14

StElsass says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
StElsass wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests.

Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?
To be honest I don't know what to make of it all. I am now extremely concerned about the clubs prospects.
Perhaps it is worth just sitting back and looking at the facts.
MP has resigned even though he has been offered a new contract.
RL has been allowed to leave because of exceptional circumstances.
No one else has left in spite of reported interest.
So far, there isn't exactly anything the board has done which would go against the club's interests.

The rest is all speculation, and if you look at them, they range from "the new manager being Ron Koeman and he will be given £50m to spend +players sale" to "Felix Magath or Oscar Garcia or others" and "the club will be sold in 2 years"

Some of those rumours will come true, undoubtedly, but you and me on here will not know anything until it happened and won't be able to do anything about it, so there isn't really much point worrying. I too have a neighbour I could ask a lot of questions to, but I don't bother because I know he won't tell me anything other than the platitudes he is allowed to give away.

I am looking forward to enjoying the WC and will return to SMS in August to watch the first games with a new team, which might be worse than the one we currently have, or better. Who knows?!?!?
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]StElsass[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?[/p][/quote]To be honest I don't know what to make of it all. I am now extremely concerned about the clubs prospects.[/p][/quote]Perhaps it is worth just sitting back and looking at the facts. MP has resigned even though he has been offered a new contract. RL has been allowed to leave because of exceptional circumstances. No one else has left in spite of reported interest. So far, there isn't exactly anything the board has done which would go against the club's interests. The rest is all speculation, and if you look at them, they range from "the new manager being Ron Koeman and he will be given £50m to spend +players sale" to "Felix Magath or Oscar Garcia or others" and "the club will be sold in 2 years" Some of those rumours will come true, undoubtedly, but you and me on here will not know anything until it happened and won't be able to do anything about it, so there isn't really much point worrying. I too have a neighbour I could ask a lot of questions to, but I don't bother because I know he won't tell me anything other than the platitudes he is allowed to give away. I am looking forward to enjoying the WC and will return to SMS in August to watch the first games with a new team, which might be worse than the one we currently have, or better. Who knows?!?!? StElsass
  • Score: 5

10:59am Thu 5 Jun 14

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one.

If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world.

Either way keep us posted.
Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.
[quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one. If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world. Either way keep us posted.[/p][/quote]Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 0

11:10am Thu 5 Jun 14

costa gaz says...

Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one.

If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world.

Either way keep us posted.
Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.
Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-)

Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation ....
[quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one. If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world. Either way keep us posted.[/p][/quote]Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.[/p][/quote]Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-) Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation .... costa gaz
  • Score: 4

11:26am Thu 5 Jun 14

durhamsaint87 says...

It show's we are able to play a continental stye of football so playing the Dutch way will be a easy for our players. BBC sport has it that Liverpool are now going after another midfielder so interest in Lallana is cooling off. Wonder how he will feel able asking to leaving now? Put Koeman in place now and our players will see the board means business.
It show's we are able to play a continental stye of football so playing the Dutch way will be a easy for our players. BBC sport has it that Liverpool are now going after another midfielder so interest in Lallana is cooling off. Wonder how he will feel able asking to leaving now? Put Koeman in place now and our players will see the board means business. durhamsaint87
  • Score: 1

11:38am Thu 5 Jun 14

Wembley76 says...

damoose wrote:
Koeman maybe better suited to coaching the under-dog,.my only worry is Dutch manager`s have never done well in EPL,but none come more decorated than Koeman he`s won everything....the players will respect his CV thats for sure
How many managers have we had in the Premier League? The Dutch coaches are some of the best and most respected in the world, tending to focus on Holland, Germany and Spain....Hiddink didn't do to badly...Bobby Robson and Steve McLaren got revitalised through Dutch football...an let's not forget Man U have just gone for a Dutchman...
As for others....take your pick....not to mention the great Dutch International teams....Cruyff, Rijkaard, Van Basten, De Boer, Advocaat, Beenhakker, Van Marwijk, Jol (can hardly be called a failure),Seedorf, Thyssen etc I suppose you could say Meulensteen...but then again, had little time with Fulham, and did well at Man U for many years...Brong on Ronald!!
[quote][p][bold]damoose[/bold] wrote: Koeman maybe better suited to coaching the under-dog,.my only worry is Dutch manager`s have never done well in EPL,but none come more decorated than Koeman he`s won everything....the players will respect his CV thats for sure[/p][/quote]How many managers have we had in the Premier League? The Dutch coaches are some of the best and most respected in the world, tending to focus on Holland, Germany and Spain....Hiddink didn't do to badly...Bobby Robson and Steve McLaren got revitalised through Dutch football...an let's not forget Man U have just gone for a Dutchman... As for others....take your pick....not to mention the great Dutch International teams....Cruyff, Rijkaard, Van Basten, De Boer, Advocaat, Beenhakker, Van Marwijk, Jol (can hardly be called a failure),Seedorf, Thyssen etc I suppose you could say Meulensteen...but then again, had little time with Fulham, and did well at Man U for many years...Brong on Ronald!! Wembley76
  • Score: 4

12:19pm Thu 5 Jun 14

noodlesnewman says...

saint christopher wrote:
"We're doomed, doomed!!!"

"Don't panic. Don't panic!"
I dont know what else ralph can say to you doubters , to me the last statement was extremely positive , i even reckon the new board engineerd poches move to spuds knowing koeman was gonna be available soon . I think if koeman was incharge of us last season we would of been top 4 ! and the new board realise that poch is a very inexperienced coach compared to koeman fact ! poch is still learning the trade . Only ricks left us and thats completely understandable , every one else is still here so in my eyes the board are keeping to their word . stay possitive folks and only turn negatives into positives , i m really excited about the new erra , ronald koeman would be awsome he commands so much respect he really has been there and done it . LEGEND !
[quote][p][bold]saint christopher[/bold] wrote: "We're doomed, doomed!!!" "Don't panic. Don't panic!"[/p][/quote]I dont know what else ralph can say to you doubters , to me the last statement was extremely positive , i even reckon the new board engineerd poches move to spuds knowing koeman was gonna be available soon . I think if koeman was incharge of us last season we would of been top 4 ! and the new board realise that poch is a very inexperienced coach compared to koeman fact ! poch is still learning the trade . Only ricks left us and thats completely understandable , every one else is still here so in my eyes the board are keeping to their word . stay possitive folks and only turn negatives into positives , i m really excited about the new erra , ronald koeman would be awsome he commands so much respect he really has been there and done it . LEGEND ! noodlesnewman
  • Score: 5

12:32pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Chipmonk1 says...

costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one.

If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world.

Either way keep us posted.
Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.
Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-)

Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation ....
Seed I often give a lot of credence to what you have to say and from your posts your informant is someone close to MoPo. Is it possible however that you are being told what they want you to hear and not the truth? Personally I could give a tinkers cuss to what MoPo and his entourage have to say. They never bothered to connect with the fans only bothered with the players they liked. The same players you have quoted as wanting to leave SMS. I don't think they would tell such an ardent Sants fan such as yourself just what they really thought of us. If you are right and KL is looking at offloading saints in 2 years time then great! Because if she wants to sell it would be in her best interests if we are challenging for or are already in Europe. I can't see any business sense in selling a championship team. Whatever you me and just about every other poster on here want is the same thing. A strong and viable football team, which is more than can be said for a certain L2 team that live (or rather cling to life) down the road.
[quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one. If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world. Either way keep us posted.[/p][/quote]Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.[/p][/quote]Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-) Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation ....[/p][/quote]Seed I often give a lot of credence to what you have to say and from your posts your informant is someone close to MoPo. Is it possible however that you are being told what they want you to hear and not the truth? Personally I could give a tinkers cuss to what MoPo and his entourage have to say. They never bothered to connect with the fans only bothered with the players they liked. The same players you have quoted as wanting to leave SMS. I don't think they would tell such an ardent Sants fan such as yourself just what they really thought of us. If you are right and KL is looking at offloading saints in 2 years time then great! Because if she wants to sell it would be in her best interests if we are challenging for or are already in Europe. I can't see any business sense in selling a championship team. Whatever you me and just about every other poster on here want is the same thing. A strong and viable football team, which is more than can be said for a certain L2 team that live (or rather cling to life) down the road. Chipmonk1
  • Score: 9

12:44pm Thu 5 Jun 14

NC Fan4Life says...

JimmyLondon wrote:
Echo

Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer
I agree Rafa Benitez is by far the best option of all the managers mentioned.

Appointing Rafa would convince Adam & Luke etc to stay and attract new top quality players. He is high profile, proven in the premiership which he wants to come back to, and very successful.
His appointment would really show everyone how ambitious the new board is and we would recover his high salary in no time. It would lift Saints profile as the signing of Kevin Keegan did back then and nearly won us the league title.
Come on Katharina, Ralph & Les, don't go cheap, GO GET BENITEZ NOW
[quote][p][bold]JimmyLondon[/bold] wrote: Echo Lets be fair, you did not give us a choice is was a yes or no. perhaps you should compile a list and then let us vote. My vote goes to Ranieri or Benitez, with Koeman 4th behind Frank de Boer[/p][/quote]I agree Rafa Benitez is by far the best option of all the managers mentioned. Appointing Rafa would convince Adam & Luke etc to stay and attract new top quality players. He is high profile, proven in the premiership which he wants to come back to, and very successful. His appointment would really show everyone how ambitious the new board is and we would recover his high salary in no time. It would lift Saints profile as the signing of Kevin Keegan did back then and nearly won us the league title. Come on Katharina, Ralph & Les, don't go cheap, GO GET BENITEZ NOW NC Fan4Life
  • Score: -5

12:48pm Thu 5 Jun 14

oldsaintsfan says...

A top manager will want commitment from the owner. I hope the owner proves me wrong and demonstrates this commitment over the next few months.
Unfortunately, I suspect that MoPo would have signed a new contract with saints if he believed the owner was committed to build saints further. I doubt NC would have left either. One has to assume the owner is not up for further investment in a team -football probably looks like a bottomless pit to her and she has quite naturally little emotional attachment (lets face it - most saints fans have some family connection with the Southampton area and have been a fan since an early age). Maybe her father may have felt differently but who knows and we are here now. Spending fatigue has probably set in?
I assume given the apparent lack of commitment to building a side capable of challenging the top six PL clubs attempts have been made in the recent past to try and sell the club and no buyer at a price the owner was prepared to sell at showed up. History suggests that you either go forward or inevitably the club will start to slip back – many “smaller” clubs have had a good season followed by an almost inevitable relegation battle in following seasons. Lets face it I for one have witnessed this at saints a number of times. I was always a sceptic that this time it was different however much I wanted to believe particularly since the sad and untimely death of the current owners father.
Football clubs are not easy sells and it takes time and luck given the smallish number of deep pocket buyers who are prepared to pay up for a second tier franchise that needs lots of work/investment. I assume attempts have been made to try and sell the club and no buyer at a price the owner was prepared to sell too fronted up. I guess this is not unusual – we would not be the only PL club effectively for sale. The problem is that all owners naturally want to get their money back at very least. The initial saints purchase was modest but there will have been significant subsequent investment which all adds up. I assume the owner is waiting for a “better market” to sell the club.
We appear to be attempting that difficult tight rope walk – maintaining the asset (club) value (clearly we need to stay in the PL) whilst selling players. A new manager will obviously have to reflect this strategy. However owners who have tried this in the past have generally not been too successful and the reputational risk (if and when this all goes wrong) to other parts of the owners businesses is high at least in the south western part of Hampshire although, unfortunately, I think she risks becoming a hero down the road to the east.
A top manager will want commitment from the owner. I hope the owner proves me wrong and demonstrates this commitment over the next few months. Unfortunately, I suspect that MoPo would have signed a new contract with saints if he believed the owner was committed to build saints further. I doubt NC would have left either. One has to assume the owner is not up for further investment in a team -football probably looks like a bottomless pit to her and she has quite naturally little emotional attachment (lets face it - most saints fans have some family connection with the Southampton area and have been a fan since an early age). Maybe her father may have felt differently but who knows and we are here now. Spending fatigue has probably set in? I assume given the apparent lack of commitment to building a side capable of challenging the top six PL clubs attempts have been made in the recent past to try and sell the club and no buyer at a price the owner was prepared to sell at showed up. History suggests that you either go forward or inevitably the club will start to slip back – many “smaller” clubs have had a good season followed by an almost inevitable relegation battle in following seasons. Lets face it I for one have witnessed this at saints a number of times. I was always a sceptic that this time it was different however much I wanted to believe particularly since the sad and untimely death of the current owners father. Football clubs are not easy sells and it takes time and luck given the smallish number of deep pocket buyers who are prepared to pay up for a second tier franchise that needs lots of work/investment. I assume attempts have been made to try and sell the club and no buyer at a price the owner was prepared to sell too fronted up. I guess this is not unusual – we would not be the only PL club effectively for sale. The problem is that all owners naturally want to get their money back at very least. The initial saints purchase was modest but there will have been significant subsequent investment which all adds up. I assume the owner is waiting for a “better market” to sell the club. We appear to be attempting that difficult tight rope walk – maintaining the asset (club) value (clearly we need to stay in the PL) whilst selling players. A new manager will obviously have to reflect this strategy. However owners who have tried this in the past have generally not been too successful and the reputational risk (if and when this all goes wrong) to other parts of the owners businesses is high at least in the south western part of Hampshire although, unfortunately, I think she risks becoming a hero down the road to the east. oldsaintsfan
  • Score: -3

1:07pm Thu 5 Jun 14

saints fan #1 says...

StElsass wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?
Uve just gone and spoiled it for the papers next rumour mill
[quote][p][bold]StElsass[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. Well that must be just about the only thing that hasn't leaked yet, mustn't it?[/p][/quote]Uve just gone and spoiled it for the papers next rumour mill saints fan #1
  • Score: 0

1:50pm Thu 5 Jun 14

saintofatheism says...

Daily star are reporting that redknapp is after "£2mil rated Jose fonte" what universe has that figure come from?
Daily star are reporting that redknapp is after "£2mil rated Jose fonte" what universe has that figure come from? saintofatheism
  • Score: 2

4:08pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Seedhouse the Unrepentant says...

Chipmonk1 wrote:
costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
costa gaz wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one.

If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world.

Either way keep us posted.
Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.
Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-)

Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation ....
Seed I often give a lot of credence to what you have to say and from your posts your informant is someone close to MoPo. Is it possible however that you are being told what they want you to hear and not the truth? Personally I could give a tinkers cuss to what MoPo and his entourage have to say. They never bothered to connect with the fans only bothered with the players they liked. The same players you have quoted as wanting to leave SMS. I don't think they would tell such an ardent Sants fan such as yourself just what they really thought of us. If you are right and KL is looking at offloading saints in 2 years time then great! Because if she wants to sell it would be in her best interests if we are challenging for or are already in Europe. I can't see any business sense in selling a championship team. Whatever you me and just about every other poster on here want is the same thing. A strong and viable football team, which is more than can be said for a certain L2 team that live (or rather cling to life) down the road.
Rickie owns the house next door to me. He rented a bigger one and let this one to Jesus. There is no doubt there is animosity now as there has been a dispute over wages and bonuses. So yes his slant is going to be on it but don't think he made it up.

I guess oldsaintsfan is right in his analysis of us having been up for sale but no suitable buyer being found. The rumours were strong a few months back. It's a crying shame all was going so amazingly well and now it's damage limitation. As you say it could be worse, we could be stinking sister shagging skates.
[quote][p][bold]Chipmonk1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]costa gaz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Sometimes seed, sometimes you are a bit of a Walter Mitty character..... but for some reason you've got me believing this one. If it is true, then you may have had your last convo with the said neighbour, or did he not mind that you have chosen to reveal your chat to the world. Either way keep us posted.[/p][/quote]Walter bloody Mitty? You cheeky sod! He is moving to North London shortly so there aren't going to be many more chats anyway.[/p][/quote]Walter Mitty, in a nice sort of way Seed ;-) Any way get him in yours for a farewell drink, fill him full of Rioja and start the interrogation ....[/p][/quote]Seed I often give a lot of credence to what you have to say and from your posts your informant is someone close to MoPo. Is it possible however that you are being told what they want you to hear and not the truth? Personally I could give a tinkers cuss to what MoPo and his entourage have to say. They never bothered to connect with the fans only bothered with the players they liked. The same players you have quoted as wanting to leave SMS. I don't think they would tell such an ardent Sants fan such as yourself just what they really thought of us. If you are right and KL is looking at offloading saints in 2 years time then great! Because if she wants to sell it would be in her best interests if we are challenging for or are already in Europe. I can't see any business sense in selling a championship team. Whatever you me and just about every other poster on here want is the same thing. A strong and viable football team, which is more than can be said for a certain L2 team that live (or rather cling to life) down the road.[/p][/quote]Rickie owns the house next door to me. He rented a bigger one and let this one to Jesus. There is no doubt there is animosity now as there has been a dispute over wages and bonuses. So yes his slant is going to be on it but don't think he made it up. I guess oldsaintsfan is right in his analysis of us having been up for sale but no suitable buyer being found. The rumours were strong a few months back. It's a crying shame all was going so amazingly well and now it's damage limitation. As you say it could be worse, we could be stinking sister shagging skates. Seedhouse the Unrepentant
  • Score: 1

5:33pm Thu 5 Jun 14

THE12THMAN says...

jls217 wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?
What a load of DRIVEL.
[quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?[/p][/quote]What a load of DRIVEL. THE12THMAN
  • Score: 7

8:12pm Thu 5 Jun 14

noodlesnewman says...

THE12THMAN wrote:
jls217 wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?
What a load of DRIVEL.
Ye drivel ! from the grim reapers ! fxxxxxxhell lads ease up..
[quote][p][bold]THE12THMAN[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?[/p][/quote]What a load of DRIVEL.[/p][/quote]Ye drivel ! from the grim reapers ! fxxxxxxhell lads ease up.. noodlesnewman
  • Score: 2

11:03pm Thu 5 Jun 14

jls217 says...

noodlesnewman wrote:
THE12THMAN wrote:
jls217 wrote:
Seedhouse the Unrepentant wrote:
I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.
Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?
What a load of DRIVEL.
Ye drivel ! from the grim reapers ! fxxxxxxhell lads ease up..
12th man - How many hours a week do you have to practice to attain such a level of childish stupidity. You weren't there - you have no clue as to what was said, I'm not sure I grasped all of it and they were there openly discussing all it the moment it was announced I was a Saints fan.
Another brand of superior Newspaper blx - I dunno, I'm just a simple bloke who can't think in the nrs they were talking about.
Y'know what - I can't be arsed to go on with it.
Be blissful in your ignorance ****.
[quote][p][bold]noodlesnewman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]THE12THMAN[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Seedhouse the Unrepentant[/bold] wrote: I finally had the conversation with my neighbour last night. He told me they left because there was a big fall out with RK. That the club wanted them to keep things as they are for two years when it would be sold. They were offered a lot of money to stay but no project. RK also tried the same approach with AL and the players are up in arms. It hasn't leaked yet but Adam, Luke, Victor and Morgan have all put in transfer requests. More will follow. Make of it what you will but he was certainly passionate about it.[/p][/quote]Seedhouse - The info I got from the agent was along these lines. Because of the slating I got on here I just dropped it and pretended it never happened. One name I was given as another possibility was JWP and his agent had caused quite a stir when that name was put forward. There was a deal done or about to be done last weekend (don't know who though) This will be the last I say on the matter as can't be arsed replying to those who just will not accept it's what I heard, not what I preach and they can take it or leave it makes no odds to me - Personally I pray it's all BS and hype. I want to my team settled and doing their business the right way. We'll have to leave it with - Who knows for sure?[/p][/quote]What a load of DRIVEL.[/p][/quote]Ye drivel ! from the grim reapers ! fxxxxxxhell lads ease up..[/p][/quote]12th man - How many hours a week do you have to practice to attain such a level of childish stupidity. You weren't there - you have no clue as to what was said, I'm not sure I grasped all of it and they were there openly discussing all it the moment it was announced I was a Saints fan. Another brand of superior Newspaper blx - I dunno, I'm just a simple bloke who can't think in the nrs they were talking about. Y'know what - I can't be arsed to go on with it. Be blissful in your ignorance ****. jls217
  • Score: 1

11:48pm Thu 5 Jun 14

Sammy2sheds says...

This fan doesn't want him
Huge mistake I'd they get him
All these people on here know nothing about him and yet they want him.magath is our man and I for one would be over the moon if we got him.look at his record and the league he managed in.
Koeman would be a huge mistake
This fan doesn't want him Huge mistake I'd they get him All these people on here know nothing about him and yet they want him.magath is our man and I for one would be over the moon if we got him.look at his record and the league he managed in. Koeman would be a huge mistake Sammy2sheds
  • Score: -3

8:34am Fri 6 Jun 14

noodlesnewman says...

Sammy2sheds wrote:
This fan doesn't want him
Huge mistake I'd they get him
All these people on here know nothing about him and yet they want him.magath is our man and I for one would be over the moon if we got him.look at his record and the league he managed in.
Koeman would be a huge mistake
magath s to old to manage our youngsters , and some say he s a tyranical dictator ! please not the maggot , R KOEMAN PLEASE .
[quote][p][bold]Sammy2sheds[/bold] wrote: This fan doesn't want him Huge mistake I'd they get him All these people on here know nothing about him and yet they want him.magath is our man and I for one would be over the moon if we got him.look at his record and the league he managed in. Koeman would be a huge mistake[/p][/quote]magath s to old to manage our youngsters , and some say he s a tyranical dictator ! please not the maggot , R KOEMAN PLEASE . noodlesnewman
  • Score: 0

8:34am Fri 6 Jun 14

only1chopper says...

I too do not want Koeman. Hi record is suspect, he doesn't spend long at any of the clubs he goes to. can we get someone who is not a journeyman but someone who brings stability and instils confidence. We want them to have a managerial style like Poch, a strong link with the youth development side of things, but who is not there for the money or looking for the next big club to come and snap them up.
I too do not want Koeman. Hi record is suspect, he doesn't spend long at any of the clubs he goes to. can we get someone who is not a journeyman but someone who brings stability and instils confidence. We want them to have a managerial style like Poch, a strong link with the youth development side of things, but who is not there for the money or looking for the next big club to come and snap them up. only1chopper
  • Score: -1

9:45am Fri 6 Jun 14

jls217 says...

only1chopper wrote:
I too do not want Koeman. Hi record is suspect, he doesn't spend long at any of the clubs he goes to. can we get someone who is not a journeyman but someone who brings stability and instils confidence. We want them to have a managerial style like Poch, a strong link with the youth development side of things, but who is not there for the money or looking for the next big club to come and snap them up.
Whether Koeman is THE ideal marriage for us or not we can't know until he's been given the chance to prove himself as our sort of manager.

Unfortunately Saints are reaping what we have sown. We have, along the way dumped some really good managers, ruthlessly, cruelly and IMHO unnecessarily - we should not be surprised if managers decide to be as mercenary as our various chairmen have been. Continuity has to be key to building a club to play a particular style with a particular mindset. Does it really do a young player any good to see a new face in charge every season?

I think Moyes would like to have that sort of stability and will have learned from the mistake of chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Could he be the man?
I think Koeman has all the prerequisites apart from maybe the desire to put his roots down into a club and claim it as his own.

Whoever comes in - hope he gives us that stability but football has gone mad and I foresee another board dumping another good man for reasons we will never know for sure.
[quote][p][bold]only1chopper[/bold] wrote: I too do not want Koeman. Hi record is suspect, he doesn't spend long at any of the clubs he goes to. can we get someone who is not a journeyman but someone who brings stability and instils confidence. We want them to have a managerial style like Poch, a strong link with the youth development side of things, but who is not there for the money or looking for the next big club to come and snap them up.[/p][/quote]Whether Koeman is THE ideal marriage for us or not we can't know until he's been given the chance to prove himself as our sort of manager. Unfortunately Saints are reaping what we have sown. We have, along the way dumped some really good managers, ruthlessly, cruelly and IMHO unnecessarily - we should not be surprised if managers decide to be as mercenary as our various chairmen have been. Continuity has to be key to building a club to play a particular style with a particular mindset. Does it really do a young player any good to see a new face in charge every season? I think Moyes would like to have that sort of stability and will have learned from the mistake of chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Could he be the man? I think Koeman has all the prerequisites apart from maybe the desire to put his roots down into a club and claim it as his own. Whoever comes in - hope he gives us that stability but football has gone mad and I foresee another board dumping another good man for reasons we will never know for sure. jls217
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree