Brendan Rodgers eyeing £40m deal for Adam Lallana and Nathaniel Clyne

NATHANIEL CLYNE

NATHANIEL CLYNE

First published in Sport
Last updated

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing a £40m double swoop for Saints stars Adam Lallana and Nathaniel Clyne, according to the Daily Star Sunday.
 

Lallana has been linked with £25m Anfield move since the end of the season, while right-back Clyne – valued at £15m by Saints – is seen by as a potential replacement for Glen Johnson.

Spurs are being linked with a move for Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti.

According to the Sunday Telegraph, the north London club will make one final check to see if the 54-year-old is interested in a move back to the Premier League.

If they draw a blank with Ancelotti, who guided the La Liga giants to Champions League glory last night, Spurs are expected to make a move for Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino.

England manager Roy Hodgson has banished agents from the team’s training camps in an attempt to avoid distractions over transfers affecting the mood of the squad. Full story: The Observer Juan Mata could be sold by Manchester United after less than a season with the club.

Team manager Louis van Gaal is ready to sell the midfielder to Barcelona for £40m, according to the Sunday Express. Mata signed for Manchester United from Chelsea in January for £37.1m.

Comments (54)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:00pm Sun 25 May 14

saints1998 says...

Why would he want to move to a team that is not in the champions league next season.
Why would he want to move to a team that is not in the champions league next season. saints1998
  • Score: 7

12:04pm Sun 25 May 14

The Rise of The Foot Soldier. says...

WE WANT MP TO STAY - We like his brand of football and he has achieved a good League finish for the Saints.

Like to have Red and White Stripes like Athletico Madrid and like to keep all our Players - sort out Dani situation - and buy a Top Striker.

Add a credible Number 2 Goalie and a CB.
WE WANT MP TO STAY - We like his brand of football and he has achieved a good League finish for the Saints. Like to have Red and White Stripes like Athletico Madrid and like to keep all our Players - sort out Dani situation - and buy a Top Striker. Add a credible Number 2 Goalie and a CB. The Rise of The Foot Soldier.
  • Score: 24

12:31pm Sun 25 May 14

noodlesnewman says...

i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 !
i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 ! noodlesnewman
  • Score: 4

12:41pm Sun 25 May 14

pitbull says...

With quite a few players saying they hope Pochettino stays, it's quite obvious that he's undecided on his future.
Even if Pochettino stays on at Saints we will always have speculation that he's off to pastures new until he eventually moves.

The only way this will stop is if he makes a statement saying that his future was never in doubt and the rumours linked him with Spurs were media fabrication.

If the Saints have any ambition they will not bow to the media and the so called big teams, improve the squad and start mixing it up at the top of the league.
With quite a few players saying they hope Pochettino stays, it's quite obvious that he's undecided on his future. Even if Pochettino stays on at Saints we will always have speculation that he's off to pastures new until he eventually moves. The only way this will stop is if he makes a statement saying that his future was never in doubt and the rumours linked him with Spurs were media fabrication. If the Saints have any ambition they will not bow to the media and the so called big teams, improve the squad and start mixing it up at the top of the league. pitbull
  • Score: 8

12:53pm Sun 25 May 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you!
Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you! Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 33

1:13pm Sun 25 May 14

Georgethepie says...

Interesting!!!! So basically according to the tabloids Brendan wants to take almost the complete saints squad to Liverpool in order to push for the premiere league title or he secretly wants Mopo's job.
No thanks Brendan!!!! Why would we want you and why would the Southampton lads want to push for a title in a liverpuddle shirt.
Thanks for you interest fella but Saints are about to start the next 5 year plan so keep up if you can.
Interesting!!!! So basically according to the tabloids Brendan wants to take almost the complete saints squad to Liverpool in order to push for the premiere league title or he secretly wants Mopo's job. No thanks Brendan!!!! Why would we want you and why would the Southampton lads want to push for a title in a liverpuddle shirt. Thanks for you interest fella but Saints are about to start the next 5 year plan so keep up if you can. Georgethepie
  • Score: 2

1:18pm Sun 25 May 14

circa 66 saint says...

Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top.
Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.
Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top. Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else. circa 66 saint
  • Score: 12

1:31pm Sun 25 May 14

saintmac says...

Everything hinges on MP agreeing a new contract.If he does we may still lose
Shaw but he can be replaced although I would be sorry to see him go.It's AL
who cannot be replaced.Keep MP,AL and strengthen where necessary and we
wil be OK for next season.
I think it was Malcolm who mentioned sleepless nights. I know what he means!
Everything hinges on MP agreeing a new contract.If he does we may still lose Shaw but he can be replaced although I would be sorry to see him go.It's AL who cannot be replaced.Keep MP,AL and strengthen where necessary and we wil be OK for next season. I think it was Malcolm who mentioned sleepless nights. I know what he means! saintmac
  • Score: 4

1:31pm Sun 25 May 14

Malcombe says...

When is this utter nonsense going to stop it's endless, we are all fed up to the top of our heads, from my calculation is if MoPo stays he's going to have to get another 11 Players for the first Team to play next season and the good news is he will have about £300 million or more to spend, for goodness sake Rumourmongers pick on the other 18 Premiership Clubs and see if it ruffles the feathers of the Supporters I am sure it will, to date they have not had to endure the barrage that Southampton Supporters have over the last few months, Southampton Supporters now want the Special news conference that surely must happen very soon to have clarification what is the future of the Club, good news or bad news please let's have it.
When is this utter nonsense going to stop it's endless, we are all fed up to the top of our heads, from my calculation is if MoPo stays he's going to have to get another 11 Players for the first Team to play next season and the good news is he will have about £300 million or more to spend, for goodness sake Rumourmongers pick on the other 18 Premiership Clubs and see if it ruffles the feathers of the Supporters I am sure it will, to date they have not had to endure the barrage that Southampton Supporters have over the last few months, Southampton Supporters now want the Special news conference that surely must happen very soon to have clarification what is the future of the Club, good news or bad news please let's have it. Malcombe
  • Score: 7

1:34pm Sun 25 May 14

BigBugBuzzz says...

Surely our board is not stupid. Selling our best players and not re-signing Poch would be one of the most stupid business decisions our board could make in the current situation. Dear God, I pray you gave them brains...
Surely our board is not stupid. Selling our best players and not re-signing Poch would be one of the most stupid business decisions our board could make in the current situation. Dear God, I pray you gave them brains... BigBugBuzzz
  • Score: 5

2:02pm Sun 25 May 14

ctsaint says...

The simple answer to why have the individual players or MP for that matter reacted to the frenzy? There is only one answer.

They will potentially have a clause prohibiting them , ensuring Saints can extract max value. The flip side is all the speculation plays into the club offering better, revised terms.

The only decision lies with the SFC board and owner. Do we twist or fold.
Sticking is not really an option in any business.

To clarify, by fold , I mean sell the club. Looking at Leibher corporate history they are a very honourable and conservative bunch, they don't strike me as money launderers or asset strippers , let alone destroyers of shareholder value.

Our best interests as a club lie in their hands and their hands alone.

I am encouraged by the wall of silence from the club and the total lack of substance in the press.
The simple answer to why have the individual players or MP for that matter reacted to the frenzy? There is only one answer. They will potentially have a clause prohibiting them , ensuring Saints can extract max value. The flip side is all the speculation plays into the club offering better, revised terms. The only decision lies with the SFC board and owner. Do we twist or fold. Sticking is not really an option in any business. To clarify, by fold , I mean sell the club. Looking at Leibher corporate history they are a very honourable and conservative bunch, they don't strike me as money launderers or asset strippers , let alone destroyers of shareholder value. Our best interests as a club lie in their hands and their hands alone. I am encouraged by the wall of silence from the club and the total lack of substance in the press. ctsaint
  • Score: 6

2:12pm Sun 25 May 14

NC Fan4Life says...

The so called 'big' clubs above us are panicking because they have realized the season how many good players we have. Therefore they are hell bent on trying to break our squad up because there is the real threat that if Saints retain this young squad and add to it then we will be a threat to them next season.
Do they and the media really think that Saints will sell all the 9 or 10 players that are we are suppose to have had offers for ?
Get real and why would MoPo leave a safe job with the exciting prospect of taking an improved Saints on next season for Levy's revolving door.
Think about it Daily Echo, Saints are in their best position ever to get into the top six and they don't need to sell so why would they ? Lets have some positive reporting, you are supposed to be our local paper.
The so called 'big' clubs above us are panicking because they have realized the season how many good players we have. Therefore they are hell bent on trying to break our squad up because there is the real threat that if Saints retain this young squad and add to it then we will be a threat to them next season. Do they and the media really think that Saints will sell all the 9 or 10 players that are we are suppose to have had offers for ? Get real and why would MoPo leave a safe job with the exciting prospect of taking an improved Saints on next season for Levy's revolving door. Think about it Daily Echo, Saints are in their best position ever to get into the top six and they don't need to sell so why would they ? Lets have some positive reporting, you are supposed to be our local paper. NC Fan4Life
  • Score: 7

2:14pm Sun 25 May 14

Costa Baz says...

As someone who is NOT in the know, I don't have a clue if MP is mulling over a new contract, rejected a new contract or has agreed a new contract, which, for some reason, has not been announced.

What I am aware of, from reading various websites/forums, is that more and more posters are starting to question whether or not they want MP to stay, IF he is resisting signing a new contract.

The "£2m buy out clause" Cortese put in his contract could prove to be a poison chalice.
It has given MP the whip hand, whereby he can reject a new contract and see out his last year, not because he wants to be here, but because he or another club, will not pay the fee.

This then puts the club in a very difficult position. Do they stick with him, for that final year, allowing him to dictate transfer policy, in the knowledge that he may just walk away, next summer?

Or do they rile the supporters, by bringing in a new manager who WILL commit to a longer period of time?

I know the players want him to stay, and some have indicated that their futures may be determined by him staying or leaving, but footballers are a fickle bunch.

If he was replaced by someone like Laudrup or De Boer, or AN Other with greater managerial or playing status than MP has, would they just walk away, or would stay?
Would the board be strong enough to tell them "no transfers unless dictated by the new man"?

Supporters, too, can be fickle, and if MP doesn't sign a new deal and we get off to a poor start, next season, how long before the fans start accusing him of not caring?

I'm glad I don't own a football club. 😇
As someone who is NOT in the know, I don't have a clue if MP is mulling over a new contract, rejected a new contract or has agreed a new contract, which, for some reason, has not been announced. What I am aware of, from reading various websites/forums, is that more and more posters are starting to question whether or not they want MP to stay, IF he is resisting signing a new contract. The "£2m buy out clause" Cortese put in his contract could prove to be a poison chalice. It has given MP the whip hand, whereby he can reject a new contract and see out his last year, not because he wants to be here, but because he or another club, will not pay the fee. This then puts the club in a very difficult position. Do they stick with him, for that final year, allowing him to dictate transfer policy, in the knowledge that he may just walk away, next summer? Or do they rile the supporters, by bringing in a new manager who WILL commit to a longer period of time? I know the players want him to stay, and some have indicated that their futures may be determined by him staying or leaving, but footballers are a fickle bunch. If he was replaced by someone like Laudrup or De Boer, or AN Other with greater managerial or playing status than MP has, would they just walk away, or would stay? Would the board be strong enough to tell them "no transfers unless dictated by the new man"? Supporters, too, can be fickle, and if MP doesn't sign a new deal and we get off to a poor start, next season, how long before the fans start accusing him of not caring? I'm glad I don't own a football club. 😇 Costa Baz
  • Score: 9

2:15pm Sun 25 May 14

Costa Baz says...

Chrissymarsdenfootba
llgenius
wrote:
Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you!
Did you not predict that MP signing a new deal, was to be announced LAST MONDAY?

What went wrong?
[quote][p][bold]Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius[/bold] wrote: Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you![/p][/quote]Did you not predict that MP signing a new deal, was to be announced LAST MONDAY? What went wrong? Costa Baz
  • Score: 5

2:21pm Sun 25 May 14

redandy10 says...

Liverpool are pushing their luck!
£40 mill for Adam and Nath, they are having a laugh!

Other clubs being interested in Clyne is hardly surprising, he is a quality player who for me should be in the international set up. He will continue to improve and it goes without saying we MUST DO EVERYTHING to keep him a saint. Bringing him to the club was the best thing Nigel ever did.
Liverpool are pushing their luck! £40 mill for Adam and Nath, they are having a laugh! Other clubs being interested in Clyne is hardly surprising, he is a quality player who for me should be in the international set up. He will continue to improve and it goes without saying we MUST DO EVERYTHING to keep him a saint. Bringing him to the club was the best thing Nigel ever did. redandy10
  • Score: 1

2:58pm Sun 25 May 14

el caballo santos101 says...

Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0)
Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0) el caballo santos101
  • Score: 3

3:10pm Sun 25 May 14

noodlesnewman says...

circa 66 saint wrote:
Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top.
Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.
when ever the rumours get on top just go to you tube and pay attention to les reeds statement , i quote no players coming or going without mo po s say so , he s extended omar rowe s contract ! no one else ! mo po and les cracking on with plans for next season thats blatantly obvious . Our teams a big well bonded tight unit , which knows full well their potential if they stay together you only had to watch the presentation night to see that . A L was beeming all night he defo not leaving just taking some pressure of young look like any good captain would do . Cortese only went cos he turned tyrant and katherina wasnt having it , he was getting us a bad name by petty banning orders etc , billionaires of liebherrs stature do not roll like that period ! just treat runours as good entertainment i do lol .
[quote][p][bold]circa 66 saint[/bold] wrote: Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top. Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.[/p][/quote]when ever the rumours get on top just go to you tube and pay attention to les reeds statement , i quote no players coming or going without mo po s say so , he s extended omar rowe s contract ! no one else ! mo po and les cracking on with plans for next season thats blatantly obvious . Our teams a big well bonded tight unit , which knows full well their potential if they stay together you only had to watch the presentation night to see that . A L was beeming all night he defo not leaving just taking some pressure of young look like any good captain would do . Cortese only went cos he turned tyrant and katherina wasnt having it , he was getting us a bad name by petty banning orders etc , billionaires of liebherrs stature do not roll like that period ! just treat runours as good entertainment i do lol . noodlesnewman
  • Score: 9

3:22pm Sun 25 May 14

SaintSteve76 says...

Malcombe wrote:
When is this utter nonsense going to stop it's endless, we are all fed up to the top of our heads, from my calculation is if MoPo stays he's going to have to get another 11 Players for the first Team to play next season and the good news is he will have about £300 million or more to spend, for goodness sake Rumourmongers pick on the other 18 Premiership Clubs and see if it ruffles the feathers of the Supporters I am sure it will, to date they have not had to endure the barrage that Southampton Supporters have over the last few months, Southampton Supporters now want the Special news conference that surely must happen very soon to have clarification what is the future of the Club, good news or bad news please let's have it.
I agree. This is getting beyond a joke. Hopefully tomorrow we'll hear some actual news. Probably wishful thinking though!
[quote][p][bold]Malcombe[/bold] wrote: When is this utter nonsense going to stop it's endless, we are all fed up to the top of our heads, from my calculation is if MoPo stays he's going to have to get another 11 Players for the first Team to play next season and the good news is he will have about £300 million or more to spend, for goodness sake Rumourmongers pick on the other 18 Premiership Clubs and see if it ruffles the feathers of the Supporters I am sure it will, to date they have not had to endure the barrage that Southampton Supporters have over the last few months, Southampton Supporters now want the Special news conference that surely must happen very soon to have clarification what is the future of the Club, good news or bad news please let's have it.[/p][/quote]I agree. This is getting beyond a joke. Hopefully tomorrow we'll hear some actual news. Probably wishful thinking though! SaintSteve76
  • Score: 3

3:24pm Sun 25 May 14

redandy10 says...

el caballo santos101 wrote:
Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0)
Meow! Your little lot really do have it in for me, don't you.

All of this because i said i feel the odds are that Luke & Adam will PROBABLY go. And then if I give a bit back you lot start crying!!!

I suppose we should all fall into line and not express what we REALLY feel is likely to happen with Luke and Adam, for risk of being hounded by catty comments. You should accept that we are all entitled to an opinion and they may differ, which makes life MORE INTERESTING.

As I have said before, the behaviour of a MINORITY put a lot of other fans off from posting on here.
[quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0)[/p][/quote]Meow! Your little lot really do have it in for me, don't you. All of this because i said i feel the odds are that Luke & Adam will PROBABLY go. And then if I give a bit back you lot start crying!!! I suppose we should all fall into line and not express what we REALLY feel is likely to happen with Luke and Adam, for risk of being hounded by catty comments. You should accept that we are all entitled to an opinion and they may differ, which makes life MORE INTERESTING. As I have said before, the behaviour of a MINORITY put a lot of other fans off from posting on here. redandy10
  • Score: -9

3:33pm Sun 25 May 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

Costa Baz wrote:
Chrissymarsdenfootba

llgenius
wrote:
Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you!
Did you not predict that MP signing a new deal, was to be announced LAST MONDAY?

What went wrong?
Good question, I was only passing on what I was told by a recently departed player, it was not a prediction, I was told it as if it was fact and he really believed in what he was telling me, whether there has been trouble with the details of the contract or something I can only guess or perhaps this player has mugged me off, bitter over his release! I do still however believe that he is signing a new deal with us and also that shaw will be the only player out the door apart from fringe players, the only part of what I was told that had been proven false is the date of the announcement and I think we can all agree how many hiccups can occur during contract negotiations, especially when reassurances over playing staff have to be provided even though they are away on international duty! Don't shoot the messenger !
[quote][p][bold]Costa Baz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius[/bold] wrote: Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you![/p][/quote]Did you not predict that MP signing a new deal, was to be announced LAST MONDAY? What went wrong?[/p][/quote]Good question, I was only passing on what I was told by a recently departed player, it was not a prediction, I was told it as if it was fact and he really believed in what he was telling me, whether there has been trouble with the details of the contract or something I can only guess or perhaps this player has mugged me off, bitter over his release! I do still however believe that he is signing a new deal with us and also that shaw will be the only player out the door apart from fringe players, the only part of what I was told that had been proven false is the date of the announcement and I think we can all agree how many hiccups can occur during contract negotiations, especially when reassurances over playing staff have to be provided even though they are away on international duty! Don't shoot the messenger ! Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 1

3:34pm Sun 25 May 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

redandy10 wrote:
el caballo santos101 wrote:
Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0)
Meow! Your little lot really do have it in for me, don't you.

All of this because i said i feel the odds are that Luke & Adam will PROBABLY go. And then if I give a bit back you lot start crying!!!

I suppose we should all fall into line and not express what we REALLY feel is likely to happen with Luke and Adam, for risk of being hounded by catty comments. You should accept that we are all entitled to an opinion and they may differ, which makes life MORE INTERESTING.

As I have said before, the behaviour of a MINORITY put a lot of other fans off from posting on here.
Shhhhh
[quote][p][bold]redandy10[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: Oh no another player who will probably leave then, after all he hasn't come out and categorically stated he wants to stay! ;0)[/p][/quote]Meow! Your little lot really do have it in for me, don't you. All of this because i said i feel the odds are that Luke & Adam will PROBABLY go. And then if I give a bit back you lot start crying!!! I suppose we should all fall into line and not express what we REALLY feel is likely to happen with Luke and Adam, for risk of being hounded by catty comments. You should accept that we are all entitled to an opinion and they may differ, which makes life MORE INTERESTING. As I have said before, the behaviour of a MINORITY put a lot of other fans off from posting on here.[/p][/quote]Shhhhh Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 9

3:44pm Sun 25 May 14

Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius says...

Oh by the way Gareth bale was seen this morning tucking in to a Belgian bun, Belgian buns just happen to be the favourite food of Mauricio, sources close to bale suggest that the Belgian bun in question was a gift from the southampton boss. Bale is said to extremely pleased with his Belgian bun so much so that he is looking to force through a deal to sign a 15 year contract with southampton on the premis of several more Belgian buns being made available to him over the coming weeks, however the rising costs of Belgian buns in the uk may price southampton out of this deal unless they breach financial fair play rules. Sources close to the southampton owner have suggested she is willing to breach those rules as long as she too can gain access to at least two Belgian buns. This is an example of the type of rumour flying around in the tacky media these days! Don't believe anything written in the rags, listen to the people on the ground with no alterior motive!
Oh by the way Gareth bale was seen this morning tucking in to a Belgian bun, Belgian buns just happen to be the favourite food of Mauricio, sources close to bale suggest that the Belgian bun in question was a gift from the southampton boss. Bale is said to extremely pleased with his Belgian bun so much so that he is looking to force through a deal to sign a 15 year contract with southampton on the premis of several more Belgian buns being made available to him over the coming weeks, however the rising costs of Belgian buns in the uk may price southampton out of this deal unless they breach financial fair play rules. Sources close to the southampton owner have suggested she is willing to breach those rules as long as she too can gain access to at least two Belgian buns. This is an example of the type of rumour flying around in the tacky media these days! Don't believe anything written in the rags, listen to the people on the ground with no alterior motive! Chrissymarsdenfootballgenius
  • Score: 1

3:59pm Sun 25 May 14

DisplacedFan says...

Chrissymarsdenfootba
llgenius
wrote:
Oh by the way Gareth bale was seen this morning tucking in to a Belgian bun, Belgian buns just happen to be the favourite food of Mauricio, sources close to bale suggest that the Belgian bun in question was a gift from the southampton boss. Bale is said to extremely pleased with his Belgian bun so much so that he is looking to force through a deal to sign a 15 year contract with southampton on the premis of several more Belgian buns being made available to him over the coming weeks, however the rising costs of Belgian buns in the uk may price southampton out of this deal unless they breach financial fair play rules. Sources close to the southampton owner have suggested she is willing to breach those rules as long as she too can gain access to at least two Belgian buns. This is an example of the type of rumour flying around in the tacky media these days! Don't believe anything written in the rags, listen to the people on the ground with no alterior motive!
KL might indeed like access to Bale's buns.
[quote][p][bold]Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius[/bold] wrote: Oh by the way Gareth bale was seen this morning tucking in to a Belgian bun, Belgian buns just happen to be the favourite food of Mauricio, sources close to bale suggest that the Belgian bun in question was a gift from the southampton boss. Bale is said to extremely pleased with his Belgian bun so much so that he is looking to force through a deal to sign a 15 year contract with southampton on the premis of several more Belgian buns being made available to him over the coming weeks, however the rising costs of Belgian buns in the uk may price southampton out of this deal unless they breach financial fair play rules. Sources close to the southampton owner have suggested she is willing to breach those rules as long as she too can gain access to at least two Belgian buns. This is an example of the type of rumour flying around in the tacky media these days! Don't believe anything written in the rags, listen to the people on the ground with no alterior motive![/p][/quote]KL might indeed like access to Bale's buns. DisplacedFan
  • Score: 1

3:59pm Sun 25 May 14

el caballo santos101 says...

oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back!
The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this.
remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing.
:0) ;o)
there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.
oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it. el caballo santos101
  • Score: 4

4:11pm Sun 25 May 14

Rising_Son says...

A couple of days ago the press were saying that the Lallana deal had stalled because we were demanding too much money, and Liverpool were not going to be held to ransom. Now they're telling us, in effect, they seem to be very willing to be held to ransom.
A couple of days ago the press were saying that the Lallana deal had stalled because we were demanding too much money, and Liverpool were not going to be held to ransom. Now they're telling us, in effect, they seem to be very willing to be held to ransom. Rising_Son
  • Score: 3

4:12pm Sun 25 May 14

andygoater1957 says...

I here they are coming to the club on Tuesday. After a week off to talk things out.
I here they are coming to the club on Tuesday. After a week off to talk things out. andygoater1957
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Sun 25 May 14

Rising_Son says...

andygoater1957 wrote:
I here they are coming to the club on Tuesday. After a week off to talk things out.
who's coming?
[quote][p][bold]andygoater1957[/bold] wrote: I here they are coming to the club on Tuesday. After a week off to talk things out.[/p][/quote]who's coming? Rising_Son
  • Score: 0

4:58pm Sun 25 May 14

Fatty x Ford Worker says...

Tell the Scouse watch the Cruisers come in to dock at Southampton!
Tell the Scouse watch the Cruisers come in to dock at Southampton! Fatty x Ford Worker
  • Score: 1

4:59pm Sun 25 May 14

redsnapper says...

Most local papers will do their maximum to befriend and support the most important team/club/ individual that happens to be in their area/region.

Unfortunately the sports desk at the DE is either riddled with skates or they are just a bunch of *****ons who relish reprinting trash from trash.

There is no depth or accuracy to their reporting. In fact I have to say that Saints and their supporters are completely let down by Leach & Co.

Maybe when next season kicks off and the squad turns out with the Poch and with only one or two changes from the regulars this season, then Adam and his fellow story tellers will do the decent thing and *******r off to the swamp to the east.
Most local papers will do their maximum to befriend and support the most important team/club/ individual that happens to be in their area/region. Unfortunately the sports desk at the DE is either riddled with skates or they are just a bunch of *****ons who relish reprinting trash from trash. There is no depth or accuracy to their reporting. In fact I have to say that Saints and their supporters are completely let down by Leach & Co. Maybe when next season kicks off and the squad turns out with the Poch and with only one or two changes from the regulars this season, then Adam and his fellow story tellers will do the decent thing and *******r off to the swamp to the east. redsnapper
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Sun 25 May 14

Steve_N says...

Am just surprised it's taken this long for the hacks to realise they hadn't included Clyne in all the rubbish they've been posting!
Am just surprised it's taken this long for the hacks to realise they hadn't included Clyne in all the rubbish they've been posting! Steve_N
  • Score: 2

5:06pm Sun 25 May 14

jls217 says...

Guess Nat had to be mentioned at some point. Was sort of hoping he had been missed off the gossip radar, they've transferred everyone else a dozen times over so why not Nat too.

If and when Saints line up next season having sold no-one and instead having added another couple of faces to the squad, I am going to rub a few noses in to the ground.

Tomorrow could be a big day - looking forward to the headlines.

BTW - Is it too much to ask for the bickering and finger pointing to stop please - it's getting more tiresome than the Daily Wail transfer gossip.
Football is all about opinions and if we all agreed with everything everyone else said what a f--gg--g bore this forum would become. Kiss and make up for goodness sake.
Guess Nat had to be mentioned at some point. Was sort of hoping he had been missed off the gossip radar, they've transferred everyone else a dozen times over so why not Nat too. If and when Saints line up next season having sold no-one and instead having added another couple of faces to the squad, I am going to rub a few noses in to the ground. Tomorrow could be a big day - looking forward to the headlines. BTW - Is it too much to ask for the bickering and finger pointing to stop please - it's getting more tiresome than the Daily Wail transfer gossip. Football is all about opinions and if we all agreed with everything everyone else said what a f--gg--g bore this forum would become. Kiss and make up for goodness sake. jls217
  • Score: 4

5:38pm Sun 25 May 14

saintbobby says...

Rising_Son wrote:
A couple of days ago the press were saying that the Lallana deal had stalled because we were demanding too much money, and Liverpool were not going to be held to ransom. Now they're telling us, in effect, they seem to be very willing to be held to ransom.
Yes, I read that as well! What a bl***y cheek! If you make an unwanted offer to a club for a star player and its captain, you should not be surprised if you are not welcome. If you have been told the offer is unacceptable, then how on earth are you being held to ransom!

Go jump in the Mersey and also stop trying to poach our cruise liner business.
[quote][p][bold]Rising_Son[/bold] wrote: A couple of days ago the press were saying that the Lallana deal had stalled because we were demanding too much money, and Liverpool were not going to be held to ransom. Now they're telling us, in effect, they seem to be very willing to be held to ransom.[/p][/quote]Yes, I read that as well! What a bl***y cheek! If you make an unwanted offer to a club for a star player and its captain, you should not be surprised if you are not welcome. If you have been told the offer is unacceptable, then how on earth are you being held to ransom! Go jump in the Mersey and also stop trying to poach our cruise liner business. saintbobby
  • Score: 3

5:45pm Sun 25 May 14

Dave Juson says...

The Echo have got the ewrong end of the stick, as usual, the Liverpool Echo are making a bid for two "Southampton Echo" journalists.
The Echo have got the ewrong end of the stick, as usual, the Liverpool Echo are making a bid for two "Southampton Echo" journalists. Dave Juson
  • Score: 2

7:36pm Sun 25 May 14

el caballo santos101 says...

so diverpool have so far bid;
£20mill for lalla (daily star)
£40mill for lalla and Dejan (mirror)
£40mill for lalla and Clyne (star again)

common theme there is Lalla and the star have told us they wont break the bank or be held to ransom, so are saying that Dejan and Clyne are both worth £20mill like lalla or as above are they saying Lalla is worth £25mill whilst Dejan and Clyne are both worth £15mill?
or is it all just a load of press rubbish? based on rumour and speculation?
or is there going to be complete meltdown of a mass exodus of players and management followed by the sale of the club?
or are the top 6 desperate to unsettle our players by leaking rumours to the press?
so diverpool have so far bid; £20mill for lalla (daily star) £40mill for lalla and Dejan (mirror) £40mill for lalla and Clyne (star again) common theme there is Lalla and the star have told us they wont break the bank or be held to ransom, so are saying that Dejan and Clyne are both worth £20mill like lalla or as above are they saying Lalla is worth £25mill whilst Dejan and Clyne are both worth £15mill? or is it all just a load of press rubbish? based on rumour and speculation? or is there going to be complete meltdown of a mass exodus of players and management followed by the sale of the club? or are the top 6 desperate to unsettle our players by leaking rumours to the press? el caballo santos101
  • Score: 4

8:08pm Sun 25 May 14

ItchenBridger says...

Fat lady heard singing in the rain near Bargate!
Fat lady heard singing in the rain near Bargate! ItchenBridger
  • Score: 0

8:49pm Sun 25 May 14

Clever Dick says...

It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well.
It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well. Clever Dick
  • Score: 3

8:56pm Sun 25 May 14

jls217 says...

Clever Dick wrote:
It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well.
The tea lady is wanted by Everton according to the Sun.
[quote][p][bold]Clever Dick[/bold] wrote: It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well.[/p][/quote]The tea lady is wanted by Everton according to the Sun. jls217
  • Score: 2

9:02pm Sun 25 May 14

el caballo santos101 says...

jls217 wrote:
Clever Dick wrote:
It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well.
The tea lady is wanted by Everton according to the Sun.
Sammy the saint is also rumoured to be wanted by diverpool, its believed they will put in for a name change to Sammy the scouse.
[quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Clever Dick[/bold] wrote: It really is high time that we received a rumour about Nat Clyne. He must be feeling really left out now. And I've heard a very strong rumour that there is a rumour that Stave Davis has stormed into MoPo's office and demanded that he be included in the list of rumours as well. As he so rightly said we are a very close knit group and it really is unfair that every other first team player excepting Artur is constantly hearing of rumours about himself and he isn't. And then Artur stormed into the office and said he was really upset about hearing the rumour that Nat Clyne said he had heard a rumour that there is a rumour about him being wanted by Liverpool. It's also strongly rumoured that the whole club is having a huge laugh about all these rumours. I think it is only fair that all of our close knit group should receive an equal number of rumours in any one week. And don't forget to include all the squad players otherwise JWP will be storming in wanting to know why he is being targeted in this way as well.[/p][/quote]The tea lady is wanted by Everton according to the Sun.[/p][/quote]Sammy the saint is also rumoured to be wanted by diverpool, its believed they will put in for a name change to Sammy the scouse. el caballo santos101
  • Score: 1

9:23pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

The system is ridiculous.

Imagine: Excuse me Mr. Agent, what would you prefer? For your man to stay at Saints and we'll give you a 100 GBP for your trouble or a transfer to such and such a team, where I am afraid you will have to receive several hundreds of thousands in commission?
Agent: Mmmmmmm I really do need time to think about that.

The system is a joke.
The system is ridiculous. Imagine: Excuse me Mr. Agent, what would you prefer? For your man to stay at Saints and we'll give you a 100 GBP for your trouble or a transfer to such and such a team, where I am afraid you will have to receive several hundreds of thousands in commission? Agent: Mmmmmmm I really do need time to think about that. The system is a joke. Saint Jinx
  • Score: 1

9:26pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

Chrissymarsdenfootba
llgenius
wrote:
Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you!
I totally agree.
[quote][p][bold]Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius[/bold] wrote: Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you![/p][/quote]I totally agree. Saint Jinx
  • Score: 1

9:28pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

Georgethepie wrote:
Interesting!!!! So basically according to the tabloids Brendan wants to take almost the complete saints squad to Liverpool in order to push for the premiere league title or he secretly wants Mopo's job.
No thanks Brendan!!!! Why would we want you and why would the Southampton lads want to push for a title in a liverpuddle shirt.
Thanks for you interest fella but Saints are about to start the next 5 year plan so keep up if you can.
Fantastic post!
[quote][p][bold]Georgethepie[/bold] wrote: Interesting!!!! So basically according to the tabloids Brendan wants to take almost the complete saints squad to Liverpool in order to push for the premiere league title or he secretly wants Mopo's job. No thanks Brendan!!!! Why would we want you and why would the Southampton lads want to push for a title in a liverpuddle shirt. Thanks for you interest fella but Saints are about to start the next 5 year plan so keep up if you can.[/p][/quote]Fantastic post! Saint Jinx
  • Score: 0

9:31pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

circa 66 saint wrote:
Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top.
Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.
That's what I said some weeks ago.
[quote][p][bold]circa 66 saint[/bold] wrote: Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top. Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.[/p][/quote]That's what I said some weeks ago. Saint Jinx
  • Score: 0

9:34pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

BigBugBuzzz wrote:
Surely our board is not stupid. Selling our best players and not re-signing Poch would be one of the most stupid business decisions our board could make in the current situation. Dear God, I pray you gave them brains...
Exactly - it's like a board coming in to a company and selling the cream of their client portfolio to their closest rivals. They only do that when they are all retiring or dying!
[quote][p][bold]BigBugBuzzz[/bold] wrote: Surely our board is not stupid. Selling our best players and not re-signing Poch would be one of the most stupid business decisions our board could make in the current situation. Dear God, I pray you gave them brains...[/p][/quote]Exactly - it's like a board coming in to a company and selling the cream of their client portfolio to their closest rivals. They only do that when they are all retiring or dying! Saint Jinx
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Sun 25 May 14

9 Toes Romsey says...

Tell the bin dippers to get lost.
Tell the bin dippers to get lost. 9 Toes Romsey
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Sun 25 May 14

Saint Jinx says...

NC Fan4Life wrote:
The so called 'big' clubs above us are panicking because they have realized the season how many good players we have. Therefore they are hell bent on trying to break our squad up because there is the real threat that if Saints retain this young squad and add to it then we will be a threat to them next season.
Do they and the media really think that Saints will sell all the 9 or 10 players that are we are suppose to have had offers for ?
Get real and why would MoPo leave a safe job with the exciting prospect of taking an improved Saints on next season for Levy's revolving door.
Think about it Daily Echo, Saints are in their best position ever to get into the top six and they don't need to sell so why would they ? Lets have some positive reporting, you are supposed to be our local paper.
It does really look as though there is some sort of an agenda. I said some time ago that in all my years as a Saints fan I have never seen anything like it. It is entirely disrespectful.
[quote][p][bold]NC Fan4Life[/bold] wrote: The so called 'big' clubs above us are panicking because they have realized the season how many good players we have. Therefore they are hell bent on trying to break our squad up because there is the real threat that if Saints retain this young squad and add to it then we will be a threat to them next season. Do they and the media really think that Saints will sell all the 9 or 10 players that are we are suppose to have had offers for ? Get real and why would MoPo leave a safe job with the exciting prospect of taking an improved Saints on next season for Levy's revolving door. Think about it Daily Echo, Saints are in their best position ever to get into the top six and they don't need to sell so why would they ? Lets have some positive reporting, you are supposed to be our local paper.[/p][/quote]It does really look as though there is some sort of an agenda. I said some time ago that in all my years as a Saints fan I have never seen anything like it. It is entirely disrespectful. Saint Jinx
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Sun 25 May 14

circa 66 saint says...

Saint Jinx wrote:
circa 66 saint wrote:
Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top.
Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.
That's what I said some weeks ago.
Sorry about that S. J. but just proves at least 2 of us are still sane.
I am going to wait for the World Cup and enjoy the summer and come the new season watch the mighty saints improve on last season
C O Y R
[quote][p][bold]Saint Jinx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]circa 66 saint[/bold] wrote: Saints are now paying the price of a GOOD season, all this transfer talk has two effects it unsettles players and teams. Of course the top 6 sides want to buy our best players I would be disappointed if they didn't , but by doing so it will strengthen their position and at the same time seriously weaken us and make sure we don't threaten their position at the top. Until it is announced by Southampton F.C. its only a rumour or someone's opinion nothing else.[/p][/quote]That's what I said some weeks ago.[/p][/quote]Sorry about that S. J. but just proves at least 2 of us are still sane. I am going to wait for the World Cup and enjoy the summer and come the new season watch the mighty saints improve on last season C O Y R circa 66 saint
  • Score: 0

11:13pm Sun 25 May 14

hedge end bob says...

el caballo santos101 wrote:
oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.
Naughty boy ecs.
[quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.[/p][/quote]Naughty boy ecs. hedge end bob
  • Score: 2

11:26pm Sun 25 May 14

hedge end bob says...

Saint Jinx wrote:
Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius wrote: Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you!
I totally agree.
2nd that ....................
... DE 3825 633.................
[quote][p][bold]Saint Jinx[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrissymarsdenfootba llgenius[/bold] wrote: Why have the DE ignored reports that mopo has rejected spurs and set to stay at saints!? It's all over the tabloids which are the same source as all these other rumours!? Rediculous- the DE are leading this hate campaign of unsettling our team! They are your local team why don't you show some support and try and settle things down instead of putting even more wind in the sails of this fabricated rumour mill??!!! Disappointed in you![/p][/quote]I totally agree.[/p][/quote]2nd that .................... ... DE 3825 633................. hedge end bob
  • Score: 2

11:38pm Sun 25 May 14

Positively4thStreet says...

ItchenBridger wrote:
Fat lady heard singing in the rain near Bargate!
Nigel Farage seen at the Guildhall.
[quote][p][bold]ItchenBridger[/bold] wrote: Fat lady heard singing in the rain near Bargate![/p][/quote]Nigel Farage seen at the Guildhall. Positively4thStreet
  • Score: 0

2:41am Mon 26 May 14

el caballo santos101 says...

hedge end bob wrote:
el caballo santos101 wrote:
oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.
Naughty boy ecs.
Moi? Never :-D
[quote][p][bold]hedge end bob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.[/p][/quote]Naughty boy ecs.[/p][/quote]Moi? Never :-D el caballo santos101
  • Score: 1

8:29am Mon 26 May 14

jls217 says...

hedge end bob wrote:
el caballo santos101 wrote:
oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.
Naughty boy ecs.
I wonder if the explanation for Nat not saying anything is that he's not yet had time. This report surfaced over this weekend. If Nat is abroad or doing non football stuff it is entirely possible he hasn't seen the gossip rags.
Not sure we should read too much into his silence. He may have had the report brought to his attention and shrugged it off. He strikes me as being the sort of player who doesn't court the press and as he hasn't yet been asked he hasn't felt it necessary to issue a statement. Also if these buzzards were to take a statement from him, how would they word it to fuel the will he/won't he debate. I only remember hearing Nat say one thing and that was about how much he enjoyed his work at Saints (some time last season)
Time will tell as with all the rumours I guess.
The only reference we have to the club selling is the report given by Les, until we hear differently we should take that as the gospel and not fuel the doom and gloom merchants.
Sri to hear you're experiencing probs with other posters, I may not always agree with things you might say but I will defend you're right to express them freely. I might take the ssip if you say something outragiously silly though and would expect you to reciprocate - life is too short not to laugh.
[quote][p][bold]hedge end bob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]el caballo santos101[/bold] wrote: oh no ive picked up a stalker who wont let me express an opinion and keeps responding to my posts with snide sarcastic comments. I wont tolerate nonsense like that from someone who is just trying to gain my attention. I don't care if they don't like my comments and I will fight back! The reason I believe that clyne is PROBABLY leaving is because he has not come out and stated categorically that he is not leaving. If his intention was to stay you'd expect him to put to bed speculation like this. remember we cant hold players to contracts despite what les reed has said and if a huge club offers champs league football the players will be off as quickly as they possibly can. the fact the club has remained silent can only be seen as a bad thing. :0) ;o) there is a very small minority of negative posters on here who are trying to bully anyone who tries to be positive and work on actual facts from posting on this site, the name calling and constant sarcastic comments are very childish and after all it's not rocket science to see whos doing it.[/p][/quote]Naughty boy ecs.[/p][/quote]I wonder if the explanation for Nat not saying anything is that he's not yet had time. This report surfaced over this weekend. If Nat is abroad or doing non football stuff it is entirely possible he hasn't seen the gossip rags. Not sure we should read too much into his silence. He may have had the report brought to his attention and shrugged it off. He strikes me as being the sort of player who doesn't court the press and as he hasn't yet been asked he hasn't felt it necessary to issue a statement. Also if these buzzards were to take a statement from him, how would they word it to fuel the will he/won't he debate. I only remember hearing Nat say one thing and that was about how much he enjoyed his work at Saints (some time last season) Time will tell as with all the rumours I guess. The only reference we have to the club selling is the report given by Les, until we hear differently we should take that as the gospel and not fuel the doom and gloom merchants. Sri to hear you're experiencing probs with other posters, I may not always agree with things you might say but I will defend you're right to express them freely. I might take the ssip if you say something outragiously silly though and would expect you to reciprocate - life is too short not to laugh. jls217
  • Score: 0

4:07pm Mon 26 May 14

LFCalways says...

noodlesnewman wrote:
i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 !
You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:)
[quote][p][bold]noodlesnewman[/bold] wrote: i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 ![/p][/quote]You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:) LFCalways
  • Score: -1

5:56pm Mon 26 May 14

jls217 says...

LFCalways wrote:
noodlesnewman wrote:
i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 !
You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:)
And if he goes and for every player that decides to go we will find another. Money is not in short supply and there are many managers would grasp the chance of handling a youth system such as ours.

Potchetino would, of course be my first choice but he is under contract until the end of next season and there is a penalty clause if he decides to go. At that point Saints will search for a new manager just as many other clubs will search for a new manager. Likewise the players - no one has ever been irreplaceable.
You must also take into account that it doesn't matter what Spurs or Real Madrid or anyone else wants. The man is under contract to Southampton fc for another year. It's about what the board of Saints fc wants and if they want to let him go he can go. Sorry to see him go but life is all about decisions and the fall out from those decisions - it will soon be put right.
[quote][p][bold]LFCalways[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noodlesnewman[/bold] wrote: i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 ![/p][/quote]You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:)[/p][/quote]And if he goes and for every player that decides to go we will find another. Money is not in short supply and there are many managers would grasp the chance of handling a youth system such as ours. Potchetino would, of course be my first choice but he is under contract until the end of next season and there is a penalty clause if he decides to go. At that point Saints will search for a new manager just as many other clubs will search for a new manager. Likewise the players - no one has ever been irreplaceable. You must also take into account that it doesn't matter what Spurs or Real Madrid or anyone else wants. The man is under contract to Southampton fc for another year. It's about what the board of Saints fc wants and if they want to let him go he can go. Sorry to see him go but life is all about decisions and the fall out from those decisions - it will soon be put right. jls217
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Mon 26 May 14

LFCalways says...

jls217 wrote:
LFCalways wrote:
noodlesnewman wrote:
i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 !
You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:)
And if he goes and for every player that decides to go we will find another. Money is not in short supply and there are many managers would grasp the chance of handling a youth system such as ours.

Potchetino would, of course be my first choice but he is under contract until the end of next season and there is a penalty clause if he decides to go. At that point Saints will search for a new manager just as many other clubs will search for a new manager. Likewise the players - no one has ever been irreplaceable.
You must also take into account that it doesn't matter what Spurs or Real Madrid or anyone else wants. The man is under contract to Southampton fc for another year. It's about what the board of Saints fc wants and if they want to let him go he can go. Sorry to see him go but life is all about decisions and the fall out from those decisions - it will soon be put right.
Who ever the club is can buy out the rest of the managers contract, but does that send out the right signals to your club to the players if your manager wants to go?

also regarding your top players lallana, shaw, lovren, etc......why do your club always sell your players every few seasons when you fans maybe board have ambition?

answer is they don't as the players have the ambition, your board is sending out the wrong message to clubs all around to come knocking on your door.
and the "les reed statement" about the link to there players....omg he has been left hangout to dry in front of the media.
all you board needs to sing from the same tune....but there not, and to leave all you saints fans in the dark speaks volumes.
[quote][p][bold]jls217[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LFCalways[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noodlesnewman[/bold] wrote: i m sticking to les reeds statement , he s means what he says , were loaded people dont panic . next season top 4 ![/p][/quote]You sick to "les reeds statement"..... as he is being left out to dry as Sky Sports News 26.05.2014 at 15:00pm has just confirmed that your manager was always there number 1 target for spurs, and spurs are already talking to your board right now to complete the deal by end of this week...... and then watch all your top players leave soon after watch this space....:)[/p][/quote]And if he goes and for every player that decides to go we will find another. Money is not in short supply and there are many managers would grasp the chance of handling a youth system such as ours. Potchetino would, of course be my first choice but he is under contract until the end of next season and there is a penalty clause if he decides to go. At that point Saints will search for a new manager just as many other clubs will search for a new manager. Likewise the players - no one has ever been irreplaceable. You must also take into account that it doesn't matter what Spurs or Real Madrid or anyone else wants. The man is under contract to Southampton fc for another year. It's about what the board of Saints fc wants and if they want to let him go he can go. Sorry to see him go but life is all about decisions and the fall out from those decisions - it will soon be put right.[/p][/quote]Who ever the club is can buy out the rest of the managers contract, but does that send out the right signals to your club to the players if your manager wants to go? also regarding your top players lallana, shaw, lovren, etc......why do your club always sell your players every few seasons when you fans maybe board have ambition? answer is they don't as the players have the ambition, your board is sending out the wrong message to clubs all around to come knocking on your door. and the "les reed statement" about the link to there players....omg he has been left hangout to dry in front of the media. all you board needs to sing from the same tune....but there not, and to leave all you saints fans in the dark speaks volumes. LFCalways
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree