BEN Jubin scored twice as Basingstoke Hockey Club’s men’s team were crowned Hampshire/Surrey Regional Two champions, after they beat visiting City of Portsmouth 3-2.

The home side opened the scoring, after Ben Shaughnessy put away a rebound, only for the Pompey side to level things from an own-goal. Sam King inadver-tently sliced the ball over his goalkeeper’s head.

After the break, the visitors took the lead, but this time the home side equalised from Jubin, as he finished a move which involved Ben Golding and Dean Record.

Soon after, the same player deflected in Alex Hope’s penalty-corner for the winner.

After the victory, captain Adam Smith said: “It has been a fantastic season so far and I can’t congratulate the squad enough for all their hard work and commitment. It has been an honour to lead them to the title.”

Basingstoke Ladies beat Trojans 7-1 and are second in the South Clubs Women’s Hockey League Division 3B on goal difference going into the final weekend of the season.

After a hatful of chances, captain Fi Holdcroft slammed home Basingstoke’s first, before Catriona Bausor set up Chrissy Waller twice to make it 3-0.

Trojans scored just before half-time, but straight after the break Bausor added number four, after she was sent clear and rounded the goalkeeper.

Kirsty Kent was next to score as she squeezed the ball over the line from Bausor's short corner deflection and Claire Bowman’s strike was deflected into the net by the home defence to make it 6-1.

Five minutes before the end, Roxy O’Dea completed the scoring.

The ladies’ seconds drew 4-4 against Eastleigh. It was a game of two halves as Basingstoke led 4-0 at half-time, before Eastleigh replied after the break.

The thirds drew 1-1 away at Romsey as Sharon Holden scored their equaliser, while the fourths tightened their grip on third place with a 6-0 home win against Portsmouth and Southsea.

Lynda Day opened the scoring and shortly afterwards, Trish Flynn netted a rebound off the goalkeeper to make it 2-0 at the break.

In the second half, Kirsty Postuma was relentless in driving the ball down the left wing, and from her pass into the D, Flynn scored her second of the match.

Phillipa Spicer made it 4-0 with a clean strike off a penalty corner, before Georgie Smith and Day netted the last two goals.