OLD Basing Rangers lost 9-0 at home to Hook in what looks set to be their final game in the Basingstoke and District Saturday League Premier Division.

Manager Ben Coe has struggled to find players all season and the team are unlikely to enter next season.

Hook's win saw them maintain their title hopes and they led 4-0 at the break, with Dan Mellors scoring twice and Aaron King and James Westwood also finding the net. Westwood and King both added to their tallies after the break, with Andy Parker, Phil Haig and Dan Mason completing the rout.

Welly Old Boys remain unbeaten after a 3-0 over Sherborne St John, despite starting the game with 10 players. However, Ryan Evans' goal saw them lead at the break, when they were bolstered by the arrival of another player.

Dale Bristow's cross was converted by James McIntosh to double the lead but Sherborne went close when Tom Brickley and Alex Izzo both hit the post, while Matt Livingstone saw his effort cleared off the line.

However, Bristow sealed the win from the penalty spot after McIntosh was brought down.

Top side Skewers took on basement outfit Herriard Sports in Division One, but the leaders did not have things all their own way.

Skewers raced into a two-goal lead but Herriard pulled level before half-time, Matthew Cook netting from the penalty spot and Martin Miles scoring at the end of a dazzling solo run. Herriard had chances to go ahead after the break but Skewers came up with a winner 10 minutes from time.

Tadley Calleva A are just three points behind the leaders after beating Chineham Albion 5-0, with Kye Theodore scoring all five.

He did not open the scoring until the 35th minute but had two by half-time, twice beating the goalkeeper one-on-one. Stephen Burgess' cross set up Theodore's hat-trick goal and he added a fourth before converting Cian Condon's pass to complete the scoring a minute from time.

Bounty United moved to the top of the Division Two table with a 4-1 win over Bengal Brasserie.

Bounty took the lead when Paul Clarke slotted home from 12 yards after 22 minute and while Bengal had chances, Matt Love doubled the lead on 40 minutes following a cross from Mitchell Stokes.

Love got his second of the match 10 minutes into the second half and while Kyle Buckland pulled one back for Bengal, Steve Bucksey's free-kick completed the scoring.

Hampshire Irons remain title favourites though and they beat AFC Berg 6-1, with James Arnold scoring four goals.

Arnold opened the scoring from Tom L'Heureux's cross, Spencer Wood doubled the lead and Arnold converted Reece Fleary's pull-back to make it 3-0 at the break.

Michael Pemberton laid on Arnold's hat-trick strike after the break, while Matt Goodwin made it 5-0 and Arnold scored his fourth with five minutes to go. Matt Goodman netted a late consolation for Berg.

DJS Telecoms beat Basingstoke Athletic 5-1. George Lagden opened the scoring while Paul Garton's cross led to John Clarke making it 2-0 at half-time.

Allan Morgan headed on for Dan Dedman to make it three, with Morgan's free-kick and Lagden's second took the DJS tally on to five. Dave Trevelion pulled one back for Athletic 10 minutes from time.

Basingstoke Labour Club won their bottom-of-the-table clash against Sherborne St John Reserves 5-0.

Leon Duly got the opener, Graham Dwyer doubled the lead and Dave Besant added a third before half-time. Besant got his second after the break and completed his hat-trick with a tap-in from Mike Hill's cross.

Overton United B's slim promotion hopes were ended by Twenty-Ten, who beat them 2-0 to remain in the running themselves.

Good play by Joe Osborne set up the opener for Joe Hill on the hour, with Osborne then turning scorer to make sure of the points.