THE Basingstoke and District Saturday League will have at least one team in the final of the Hampshire A Cup after New Inn set up a semi-final against Hook with a 2-1 victory over Basingstoke Royals.

Luke Richardson put New Inn ahead after just five minutes and it was the same player who doubled the lead 10 minutes before the break, this time from a Matt Bennett pass.

Royals pulled a goal back with a disputed penalty on the hour mark, Craig Barker scoring from the spot, but that was as close as they were able to get.

Bramley United and Isle of Wight Seaview will attempt to play their quarter-final once more this weekend, the game having already been postponed five times.

Hook brushed Old Basing Rangers aside to reach the semi-finals of the Basingstoke A Cup on Saturday.

John Lancashire's brace, scored either side of goals from Tom Davies and James Westwood, had Hook 4-0 up at half-time. Westwood's second of the game increased the lead further in the second half, with Richard Spiers' penalty Old Basing's lone reply.

The Basingstoke B Cup final will see DJS Telecoms and Hampshire Irons do battle at Winklebury on March 29, after winning semi-finals at the weekend.

Allan Morgan put DJS ahead against Bengal Brasserie from a Nick Saunders corner, while Saunders' solo effort, Lee Neal and Ian McFee had them 4-0 up at the break.

Rob Stait pulled one back for Bengal but Morgan's second of the game, a fine volley from 25 yards, secured a 5-1 win for DJS.

Hampshire Irons also had an easy run to the final, beating AFC Aldermaston A 4-0. James Arnold, a Jay Greene penalty, Kieran Dent and Michael Pemberton had Irons four up at half-time, and there was no further scoring after the break.

Division One side Overton United A upset Premier Division Sherborne St John in the quarter-finals of the Peter Raynbird Cup.

Sherborne started well, taking the lead when Ibraham Waheed was played through by Tom Brickley and leading at half-time.

However, Overton made some changes at the break and turned the game around. It took them until 10 minutes from time to pull level, Neil Ryan finding the net after a goal-mouth scramble, but they completed the comeback soon after, Serge Holland forcing the ball in from a corner.