When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
MATCHDAY LIVE - Basingstoke RFC v Tonbridge Juddians
This live event has finished
- Final score - Basingstoke 31 Tonbridge Juddians 35
- The sides swap penalties early on, as 'Stoke's Adam Davies kicks over and Luke Makris replied.
- Davies added a drop goal and before Makris level things again with a penalty.
- An unconverted try from Rudi Kochanowski gave 'Stoke an 11-6 lead.
- Juddians hit back as Rankin scored a couple of tries, before the home side's Gavin Dampies went over and David Byett kicked the conversion.
- 'Stoke extended their lead to 23-16 by the break, thanks to a try from Tim Richards.
- Tonbridge enjoyed the first score of the second-half as Tom Noott went over and Makris converted to level the scores.
- A Byett penalty gave 'Stoke the lead again and this was quickly followed by a Dampies try to make it 31-23.
- However, the visitors were not to be denied victory, as a converted try from Liam Chennells and unconverted score from Matt Logan saw them win 35-31.
REACTION: Basingstoke RFC's director of rugby James Croker said: "We have picked up two points today and feel disappointed which is good thing.
"We should have won and this was against one of the contenders. I felt we dominate the pack and maybe just did not have the rub of the green."
Final score - Stoke 31 Juddians 35
'Stoke unlucky to lose in a very entertaining game.
Juddians 35 - Logan (77 mins)
Logan scores as misses tackles cost 'Stoke and then Makris conversion hits the outside of the post.
Juddians 30 - Makris
Juddians 28 - Chennells ( 75 mins)
Good pressure tells as Chennells goes over.
Into the final 10 minutes and Juddians are looking for a try, but the Basingstoke defence is standing firm.
Juddians 23 - Dampies (59 mins)
Good ball through hands allows Dampies to go in at the corner.
Byett misses conversion.
Juddians 23 - Byett (52 mins)
Byett kicks over from 25 metres out.
Juddians 23 - Makris (49 mins)
Juddians 21 - Noott (49 mins)
Logan's pass inside to Noott.
Tonbridge's Nik Pass is yellow carded (47 mins)
Second-half underway Stoke now without Davies.
Great first 40 minutes and Basingstoke deserve to lead.
Stoke 23 Juddians 16 - Richards ( 40 mins)
A fly kick from Kiernan sees Richards win the foot race and score.
Byett just misses the conversion.
Stoke 18 Juddians 16 - Byett (40 mins)
great kick from the touchiness.
Stoke 16 Juddians 16 - Dampies (40 mins)
Dampies leaves Noott out wide and runs in for a try.
Stoke 11 Juddians 16 -Rankin (37 mins)
A great break from Chennells leads to a try in the corner and the conversion is missed.
Stoke 11 Juddians 11 - Rankin (35 mins)
A good break and missed tackles allows them to score.
Makris misses the conversion.
Stoke still on top, but have yet to add to their tally.
Stoke 11 Juddians 6 Rudi Kochanowski (16 mins)
A great break by Dampies leads to Jobi Kochanowski feeding Tim Richards who is tackled just short of the line and from this Davies kick along the line finds Rudi Kochanowski to go in and score.
Davies misses the conversion.
Stoke 6 Juddians 6 Makris (13 mins)
Makris kicks over from 30 metres out
Stoke 6 Juddians 3 - Davies ( 10 mins)
Davies kicks over after good pressure.
Stoke 3 Juddians 3 - Makris ( 6 mins)
Makris kicks from 35 metres out
Basingstoke 3 Tonbridge 0 - Adam Davies (3 mins)
Davies kicks over from 35 metres after a great break from Ryan Davis.
The game is underway as Juddians take the kick-off against the wind.
Both teams on the pitch warming up with a stiff breeze blowing down the pitch from left to right which I am sure is going to have a factor.
Basingstoke Team lines up as follows J Kochanowski, Dampies, Gleadowe, Byett, Richards, Davies, Wilkinson, R Kochanowski, Folan, Wilkie, Durham, Croker, Kiernan, Davis. Reps: Osborne, Magee, Guilfoyle.
Basingstoke have been beaten just twice at home this season and will hope to maintain this record, but face a tough game against fourth placed Tonbridge Juddians.
Comments are closed on this article.