When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Transfers may not be over for Saints
7:40am Monday 2nd September 2013 in Sport
Mauricio Pochettino has confessed that Saints’ transfer window shopping might not be over yet.
The manager has admitted there are a few areas of his squad that might need to be reinforced ahead of the close of the window tonight.
They have until 11pm today to complete any further activity, before their squad must be set in stone until January.
Pochettino had previously indicated that there is no urgency to delve into the market again, unless an opportunity presents itself.
However, following Saturday’s defeat to Norwich, he conceded that there were some positions that could use further strengthening.
“We’ll see, there’s a couple of areas that perhaps we need to reinforce in the side, but there’s a couple more days left to make decisions,” he said after the 1-0 loss at Carrow Road.
“We will see what happens from here until Monday. There’s a long time that we can make a lot of decisions, but, like us, the rest of the clubs are also looking to add to the squads, or have players leave their squads, so from here until now we’ll see what happens.”
One player who Pochettino insists will not be leaving is Jack Cork.
The midfielder was linked with a move to Fulham over the weekend, but the Saints boss said there had been no approach for the player, who has lost his position in the team following the arrival of Wanyama.
“There’s no offer from Fulham,” he said.
Asked if he would be willing to sell Cork, Pochettino responded: “He’s a first-team squad member, he’s a part of this team. “If we start selling players we’re only going to be left with just 11 players, so no.”
Comments are closed on this article.