TWO new faces have joined the new Winchester City Council Cabinet announced today.
Ian Tait returns to again hold the housing portfolio and Mike Southgate now holds the new brief for communities and transport.
They replace Keith Wood and Tony Coates who both stood down at the elections last month.
The new council leader is Rob Humby, with Cllr Vicki Weston as his new deputy. Cllr Humby was previously deputy leader.
The seven-strong Cabinet and its members’ portfolios are:
• Rob Humby – Leader: corporate policy; economy and arts; tourism; corporate communications; special projects
• Vicki Weston – Built Environment and Deputy Leader: development management; strategic planning; building control; historic environment
• Stephen Godfrey – Finance and Organisational Development: financial services; revenues and benefits; IMT; organisational development
• Ian Tait – Housing Services: housing services
• Jan Warwick – Environment, Health and Wellbeing: environmental health and licensing; environment contract; landscape and open spaces; street care; health and wellbeing; sport and physical activity
• Stephen Miller – Business Services: legal and democratic services; estates; business management; major projects; new homes delivery
• Mike Southgate – Communities and Transport: community grants; community safety and neighbourhood services; traffic, transport and engineering; parking; museums.