When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Christmas celebrations end with Twyford chimney fire
EMERGENCY services attended a chimney fire in Twyford on Boxing Day.
A chimney stack caught fire at a house in Queen Street and a fire engine headed to the blaze at 8.45pm.
A spokesman at Winchester Fire Station said there were no casualties.
It was the second chimney fire in Twyford in December, following another at the start of the month.
Hampshire fire chiefs recently sent out a warning about the dangers of not having chimneys cleaned regularly, particularly in thatched homes.
They advise having all chimneys regularly examined from within and lined in older and thatched properties.
For more information visit hants.fire.gob.uk/yoursafety/athome/preventionathome/chimneyfires.
Comments are closed on this article.