When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Winchester firefighters unexpectedly called to children's fun day
1:58pm Wednesday 7th August 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were unexpectedly called out to a fun day when the kitchen at Lanterns Children’s Centre became too hot.
Fifty parents and children were duck-dipping and wet-sponge-throwing at Home-Start’s annual fete last Thursday (August 1) when the cooking sausages overheated the kitchen and triggered the alarm.
The Bereweeke Road centre was cordoned off while the necessary checks were carried out before being given the all-clear.
“We apologised profusely,” said Home-Start chairman Liz Cooper “and the fire crew were wonderful in allowing the children to climb aboard the fire engine before they headed back to the station.
“I should think for the children it was probably the highlight of their day and they will no doubt hope we burn the sausages again next year!”
Comments are closed on this article.