TWENTY reasons you know you’re from Andover...
1. You have been spooked by the White Lady while running over the Iron Bridge at Ladies’ Walk.
2. When people ask you ‘How is life’? You have a small internal chuckle at the thought of them asking about the Andover nightclub.
3. You remember the bird aviary which was previously the band stand in Vigo Recreational Park.
4. If you haven’t been to Life then you probably went to Flicks, and if you didn't go to Flicks then you probably went to the Country Bumpkin. If you’ve been to all three then that is impressive.
5. You have dressed or had your photo taken with the Millennium Man on Weyhill Road.
6. You probably weren’t born in Andover!
7. You know how to drive on roundabouts, you get a lot of practice living here!
8. You know who made ‘Wild Thing’ famous.
9. You tell everyone Andover is great because it is near everywhere else.
10. You remember the mile long queue when McDonalds opened in the Chantry Centre.
11. You have held a chick/rabbit or groomed a horse at Finkley Down Farm.
12. You still refer to and go to ‘The Folly’, despite there being nowhere called ‘The Folly’ in Andover any more.
13. Those of a certain age had their first kiss at one of the Leisure Centre Snap Discos.
14. You once bought an iced bun from Hussey’s bakery which used to be behind the Guildhall.
15. You were awestruck by the wall of sweets in Harvey’s sweet shop.
16. If you played football as a child you probably spent the majority of your Saturday mornings at Walworth Industrial Estate.
17. You refer to the astro turf at Charlton Leisure Centre as ‘The Azzy’.
18. You still have difficulty in remembering that Cricklade College is now called Andover College.
19. You’ve frantically ran under the underpass to catch a train at Andover Train Station.
20. As a child you attended an open day at Andover Fire Station.