When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Tools stolen from vans in Andover
3:37pm Thursday 24th April 2014 in News
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after tools were stolen from a number of vans in Andover.
The vans were targeted overnight on Tuesday, 22 April in Winterdyne Mews, Appleton Close, Marchant Road and Gallaghers Mead.
Entry was forced into the vans and a variety of power tools were stolen.
Pc Amanda Wallis said: “I would like to speak to anyone who has information which may assist with our investigation.
“Did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the areas targeted or have you been offered power tools for sale?
“I would also urge van owners to protect their work tools. Please follow these crime prevention tips to keep the contents of your van safe: • Park your vehicle in a secure area (in a garage or behind locked gates, if possible).
• If you do not have a secure parking place, park in a well-lit street in easy view of your own or neighbours houses.
• Vans have been broken into while people were inside trade establishments - park your vehicles close to the entrance or leave someone with it.
• Ensure all windows and doors are properly secured when left unattended.
• Where possible, remove valuable items from the vehicle overnight and store them in a secure place.
• Do not leave tools or equipment on view inside the vehicle.
• Consider fitting an appropriate alarm system, protecting the cabin and load areas.
• Apply a security marking product to power tools and equipment (further details of the various methods are available on request).
• Alternatively, etch or emboss identifiable marks to these items.
• Consider installing secure storage containers or lockers in the van to store the tools in.
• Ensure that the van doors are securely lockable and consider having suitable deadlocks installed.”
If you see anyone acting suspiciously around work vans or you have any information about those responsible for these incidents please call 101.
Comments are closed on this article.