Fridge fire in shop

A FRIDGE fire has badly damaged a Netheravon shop.

The fire started at McColls, in High Street, shortly before 5pm on Sunday. (9 December) Wiltshire Fire and Rescue crews from Amesbury and Pewsey were called and were supported by military firefighters from Middle Wallop, who were able to assist as there was no flying at the time of call.

The shop was open when the fire started but staff and customers were evacuated safely. The premises were severely affected by smoke, with significant fire damage.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were able to rescue two cats from a flat above the shop and the animals were given oxygen after breathing in smoke. The flat suffered some fire and smoke damage.

The British Red Cross fire and emergency support service from Hampshire attended at the scene to support the occupiers of the flat and Wiltshire Police provided traffic control while the incident was on-going.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree