When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Work van theft in Andover
11:09am Monday 2nd December 2013 in News
POLICE are reminding van owners to protect their work tools after a commercial gardening van was broken into in Andover.
The incident happened overnight on Monday, 25 November while the van was parked on a driveway in Boulter Road.
Tree climbing equipment and several chainsaws were stolen.
Pc Tony Coates said: “I would like to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area overnight on Monday, November 25. I'd also like to hear from anyone who has been offered similar items for sale.
"Please follow these crime prevention tips to keep the contents of your van safe: • Park your vehicle in a secure area (in a garage or behind locked gates, if possible).
• If you do not have a secure parking place, park in a well-lit street in easy view of your own or neighbours houses.
• Vans have been broken into while people were inside trade establishments - park your vehicles close to the entrance or leave someone with it.
• Ensure all windows and doors are properly secured when left unattended.
• Where possible, remove valuable items from the vehicle overnight and store them in a secure place.
• Do not leave tools or equipment on view inside the vehicle.
• Consider fitting an appropriate alarm system, protecting the cabin and load areas.
• Apply a security marking product to power tools and equipment (further details of the various methods are available on request).
• Alternatively, etch or emboss identifiable marks to these items.
• Consider installing secure storage containers or lockers in the van to store the tools in.
• Ensure that the van doors are securely lockable and consider having suitable deadlocks installed.”
Anyone with information about this incident should contact Pc Coates at Andover police station by calling 101.
Comments are closed on this article.