When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Overheated photocopier leads to hospital alarm
AN OVERHEATED photocopier led to evacuation of the front lobby of Basingstoke hospital .
A total of seven crews rushed to the hospital at 2.34pm today after the smell of smoke was reported in a booking office.
Sarah Julian, communications manager at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust , said: “It was an overheated photocopier. Someone smelled smoke and activated the alarm, but there was no fire.”
She added that a small number of people were evacuated from the front lobby, but they soon returned.
Comments are closed on this article.