FIREFIGHTERS suspect an e-cigarette left on charge in a car was the cause of a vehicle fire in Tadley.

Crews were called to a car fire in Bishopswood Road at 6:09pm yesterday (June 12.) The front of the car was burned and parts of it melted in the blaze which left the vehicle severely damaged by smoke.

A crew from Tadley Fire Station attended the incident and used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the flames and used a thermal imaging camera to make sure that the scene was safe, leaving the scene nearly an hour later at 7pm.