A SET-TOP box caught fire while the homeowners were out.
A neighbour called firefighters at around 3.50pm this afternoon after seeing smoke come out of a house in Mozart Close, Brighton Hill.
Firefighters entered the smoke-filled house and traced the fire to an upstairs bedroom. They put the small fire out in ten minutes.
Two crews and one senior officer attended.
Crew manager Etienne Patterson told The Gazette: “We advise that all electrical appliances are turned off when leaving the house, especially when people are away on holiday.”