When news happens, text BAZ and your photos or videos to 80360. Or contact us by email and phone.
Three people charged following drugs search at Popley house
THREE people have been charged after police executed a drugs warrant on a house in Popley.
The warrant was carried out on Wednesday at a property in Abbey Road.
Joshua Taylor, 23 and Jessica Thomas, 24, both from Abbey Road, and Luke Woolford, 29, of no fixed abode have been charged with being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug and possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
They appeared at Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court yesterday and were bailed to appear at Winchester Crown Court on March 26.
The charges follow an investigation into the supply of illegal drugs as part of the Operation Fortress campaign, which is run by police and other agencies to reduce the harm of drug-related violence.
One of the aims of Operation Fortress is to restrict the supply of Class A drugs.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who is concerned about illegal drugs or drug-related crime in their neighbourhood.
Things to look out for are:
- A sudden increase in visitors to a house or flat and people only staying for a very short time
- Short exchanges between small groups of people at or close to a flat or house
- Residents leaving a flat or house on numerous occasions throughout the day and returning a short time later
- People loitering in an area and using their mobile phones frequently
- New-looking or hire cars parked outside a house or flat that wouldn’t normally be there, and being driven by someone that you wouldn’t normally associate with driving that style of car.
Anyone with concerns should call the police on 101 or 999 if a crime is in progress.
You can also email police in confidence on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed on this article.