A HATCH Warren nursery, which temporarily closed on Friday after a police investigation was launched into a former member of staff, has confirmed that it will reopen tomorrow.

As reported on The Gazette’s website, Busy Bees closed on Friday, January 31 after the former employee was arrested on suspicion of a minor physical assault on two children.

A statement from Busy Bees today said: “Following our decision to temporarily close our Basingstoke Hatch Warren nursery we are pleased to announce that having conducted thorough investigations, the nursery will open once again on Tuesday morning.

“The safety of the children in our care is paramount and we will do whatever is necessary to ensure this is always the case. All the relevant external agencies were satisfied with our decisive and immediate response to the situation and are in full agreement for the nursery to reopen.”

Keelie Leahy, divisional director at Busy Bees, added: “I understand the disruption and concern that the short notice closure of the nursery caused parents and children and I thank them for their patience, understanding and support.

“Our decision to close did enable us to complete our investigations quickly without compromising the ongoing external investigation. I would also like to thank staff at the nursery who responded so well and worked very hard to ensure the nursery was ready to open its doors again so quickly.”

Busy Bees, in Hatchwarren Way, is managed by Julie Weedon and has two buildings on the site – one for babies and children aged up to two-years and the other for children aged two to five.

There is also a separate after-school club for children up to the age of 12.

Some of the 60 children on roll were placed in other Busy Bees nurseries during the closure.

Busy Bees has nurseries across the country, including two others in Basingstoke at Chineham and in the grounds of Basingstoke hospital.

Hampshire Constabulary confirmed that a 22-year-woman from Basingstoke was arrested on January 31 on suspicion of a minor physical assault and was released on bail, pending further enquiries, until March 7.