Firefighters called to burning candle left unattended

Firefighters called to burning candle left unattended

Firefighters called to burning candle left unattended

First published in News by , Chief Reporter

A FLICKERING candle left unattended in a house resulted in the fire brigade being called out.

A neighbour of a property in Cornish Close, South Ham, called the fire service at 6.30pm on January 28, believing a fire had taken hold in the terraced house.

However, when the crew from Basingstoke fire station arrived, they found the flames were coming from a burning candle, left unattended in the home.

Watch manager Keith Jones said: “We want to put across not to leave naked flames unattended.”

He added: “A neighbour alerted us and thought there was a fire. We used a ladder to gain entry and extinguished the candles. The occupier did arrive whilst we were there and we conducted a home fire safety visit with her.”

Mr Jones also warned people to close doors when going out, so if a fire does start it will be contained.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree