Basingstoke hospital smoke scare

First published in News by , Senior Reporter

THE EMERGENCY department at Basingstoke hospital closed after staff could smell burning in the ladies toilets.

Staff raised the alarm at the Aldermaston Road complex at around 7.30pm on Tuesday, February 5.

A total of ten firefighters spent two hours trying to find the source of the smell.

Watch manager John Amos, from Basingstoke fire station, said the odour turned out to be from a leaking radiator.

While the investigation took place, patients in the emergency department were taken to other wards in the hospital and ambulances carrying patients were diverted to other hospitals.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree